What's new

Warcraft III - when? (1 Viewer)

I know this area is for console titles but the HCF seems to be down.
Question: Does anyone know when Warcraft III is due out?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Blizzard's official stance is: When it's done.
I wouldn't expect to see it anytime before this Christmas, however, and maybe not until 2002.
------------------
"Ahhh...the Luftwaffe... The Washington Generals of the History Channel..."

Scott Kennedy

Auditioning
I don't think this forum is for consoles only, it's just that is what is dominating the conversation right now..... it's for gaming, not just for console gaming....
but what do i know??

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. I hope to be able to start discussing "Black & White" either tonight or tomorrow...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Ahhh...the Luftwaffe... The Washington Generals of the History Channel..."

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
As always with Blizzard, it's still "when it's done". I still don't believe anyone is expecting it before the end of this year...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading somewhere on either www.blizzard.com or www.battle.net and there was some type of offical announcement that said that Warcraft III will not be out this year. They had orginally hoped for an end of the year release, but they are doing more things with the heros/villians. Diablo 2 had a release date that kept gettign pushed back and back and back. So Blizzards stance of "When it's done" is the release date.
Corey

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Yeah, they officially delayed it to next year with their infamous "When it's done" disclaimer. The game magazines are predicting a Spring release, but using Diablo II as a yardstick it could push to May or June. We'll just have to wait and see
frown.gif

Other notable title pushes that I was waiting on were Neverwinter Nights (Q1'02) and Dungeon Siege (Q1'02?).
Kenneth

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I was bummed about "Neverwinter Nights" and "Dungeon Siege", too. Although at GenCon last month, "Dungeon Siege" was nowhere near ready for primetime. "Neverwinter", on the other hand, looked done. I don't know what's going on with "Pool of Radiance", either. That game looked nearly finished at LAST year's GenCon...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I read a few impressions of the build of Warcraft III shown at E3. None of the write-ups were very flattering. There were several competing games (similar genre) that overshadowed Warcraft.
Hopefully Blizzard's "when it's done" policy will take E3 criticisms into account and re-tool whatever needs to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks