What's new

War of the Worlds SCE (George Pal) (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Argh! Halloween night. Too bad they didn't anticipate that people would want to watch this on that very night and release it the week before so they could! Ah well. I live next to a major retail chain that keeps putting everything out about 3 days early (first The Fly & Fly II SE & Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection and then with Looney Tunes Gold III, Wizard of Oz CE, etc), so maybe they'll flub again and bail me out of this situation. :)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dave,

thanks for the info. Are those "R2" discs you're raving about for LOTR UK versions? Does R2 cover several European areas (France/Germany?)

Thanks!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dave,

Yeah I have the R2 UK LOTR sets. R2 is also pretty much all of Europe I believe and NTSC Japan. I saw the comparison of all the LOTR editions on Bjoern's site...
http://www.videophile.info/Review/FOTR/FOTR_01.htm

And now that the OPPO player has a new firmware which improves PAL PQ with correct 2:2 pulldown, the pic. on good PAL titles at 50 hz. 576P is astonishing. Interestingly I have been posting in a UK forum,
http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33
and many people posting there prefer the NTSC R1 for "Speedup" reasons even with having a superior format PQ-wise. Interesting. And I have read a review of the PAL "Finding Nemo" which is supposed to be MUCH better than the filtered R1 release.

:)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
ok...in November I'm ordering the UK versions of Fellowship and Nemo. Done!

dave :D

p.s. just updated my OPPO firmware last night so Now I'll have 2:2 pulldown for PAL as well...yippie!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks