What's new

Press Release War of the Worlds (2005) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91tu8OqIHAL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Stayed away from the bluray. I heard it wasn't much of an improvement. Lemme at those reviews of this!

Close Encounters 4K is my top 2D want right now. Wanting for a sale. (Godzilla King of the Monsters is my 3D, waiting on a sale too)

I agree with Johnny, those horns will be sonic magic! Dogs leaving the room magic. lol

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Stayed away from the bluray. I heard it wasn't much of an improvement. Lemme at those reviews of this!

Close Encounters 4K is my top 2D want right now. Wanting for a sale. (Godzilla King of the Monsters is my 3D, waiting on a sale too)

I agree with Johnny, those horns will be sonic magic! Dogs leaving the room magic. lol
I have the blu ray, I think it looks fine.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
:rolling-smiley:

On an adjacent note, I watched Robinson Crusoe on Mars yesterday for the first time in 20 years or so. I'd completely forgotten that they reused the Martian ship models from War of the Worlds in that film!
Wow. I don’t remember that.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Stayed away from the bluray. I heard it wasn't much of an improvement.

It's been almost 10 years - and 2 TVs ago - since I watched the BD, but my main issue stemmed from source flaws, as I thought the movie was dirtier than it should've been:

http://dvdmg.com/waroftheworlds2005br.shtml

I suspect I'd find other issues as well if I watched it now on a bigger, better TV!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I guess judging from screenshots is not the best. I'm glad I didn't get it now though. That 4K will be great! I was floored by the blu ray of ET in the 4k set. Idon't have a 4K player but ET in 4K should be a religious experience. well, ET blu ray was that so ET 4K is into the unknown

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My wife and I watched it last night as well, and yes, it's a very good presentation. The Atmos track is killer.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
How’d you guys get yours so early? Mine won’t arrive until Thursday.

It’s great they did a good job. I can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks