What's new

WAR OF THE WORLDS ( 1953) fully restored 4K version with extras now on iTunes ! (2 Viewers)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I most likely did ready it but with all the posts I read and with what is going on in my life with stressing about getting back to work and a certain person in the house driving me to drink excuse me for forgetting. I seriously doubt anyone here remembers everything they read. Not angry just saying! Was also attempting to get additional feed back from those who have seen the new transfer.
In our previous digs, we had a next door neighbor who had that effect on us! I hope that things settle down for you once you get back to work.

From what I've read, WAR OF THE WORLDS (1953) looks and sounds fantastic. The wires have been digitally removed, and by all reports, the results are seamless.

CHEERS! :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Was also attempting to get additional feed back from those who have seen the new transfer.
This new transfer is the best I've ever seen this movie. I was noticing on the dark exterior scene of the soldiers and equipment moving around, that there was more detail while still appearing to be nighttime. Sound is much better. I wrote earlier that the cylinder unscrewing was a real grabber. AND THE WIRES ARE GONE!

Method of getting this transfer aside, your time watching it is rewarded.

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
I checked on iTunes when I first saw this thread. It was listed as being 4K, I just looked again today and the 4K is now missing. It shows "download 720P" instead. Anyone else see it showing this. If so, anyone know why the 4K would have been removed ?

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I checked on iTunes when I first saw this thread. It was listed as being 4K, I just looked again today and the 4K is now missing. It shows "download 720P" instead. Anyone else see it showing this. If so, anyone know why thee 4K would have been removed ?
Mine is still showing 4K/Dolby Vision on my 4KATV.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I checked on iTunes when I first saw this thread. It was listed as being 4K, I just looked again today and the 4K is now missing. It shows "download 720P" instead. Anyone else see it showing this. If so, anyone know why thee 4K would have been removed ?
It’s all good for me. Showing 4K on my browser, devices and ATV. Sometimes different browsers display different things with iTunes.

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
To anyone who has downloaded this movie. I see you say it is in 4k/DolbyVision, but, what about the sound. Does it show as Dolby Atmos or just a 5.1 track ?

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
It'd be great to have this on disk (along with that new "Wonderful Life"), as streaming is not possible for me. Verizon Wireless is the only option around here, and it doesn't do even SD all that well. Lotsa buffering. :(

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
To anyone who has downloaded this movie. I see you say it is in 4k/DolbyVision, but, what about the sound. Does it show as Dolby Atmos or just a 5.1 track ?
1. You cannot download a 4K film
2. It is 5.1

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
As I stated before, I know nothing about iTunes, because I have never used them before, so, when you click the buy button it shows the movie as being 4K/dolbyvision ? So, if you cannot download 4K, then why do they show it as being a 4K purchase ? Just trying to figure things out here.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
As I stated before, I know nothing about iTunes, because I have never used them before, so, when you click the buy button it shows the movie as being 4K/dolbyvision ? So, if you cannot download 4K, then why do they show it as being a 4K purchase ? Just trying to figure things out here.

You play the 4K version via an AppleTV.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You “purchase” the film which allows you to stream in 4K/Dolby Vision or download in HD as long as you have the proper equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks