What's new

War for the Planet of the Apes - 7/14/17 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just got back. Terrific. All three films are different and the same but all are excellent.

Amazing technically and emotionally. One of the great trilogies of all time I thought.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Cathy and I rewatched 'Rise' on Friday night and 'Dawn' on Sunday. We are catching a matinee of 'War' tomorrow (Wednesday). I'm stoked, the first two films are both excellent (a fact that I was reminded of when we rewatched them). With critics saying 'War' is the best of the three, my expectations are high.

Mark

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
A bit on the long side, but nonetheless a very well done and gratifying conclusion to the reboot series. I can't wait to own it when it's released on home video.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Terrific film. I was riveted. 5 out of 5. Really looking forward to seeing it again when we show it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater.

Mark

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm going to see this today while it's still playing in a Dolby Atmos theater. Is is necessary to see it in 3-D or is the 2-D presentation satisfactory?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm going to see this today while it's still playing in a Dolby Atmos theater. Is is necessary to see it in 3-D or is the 2-D presentation satisfactory?
I saw it in 2D Atmos and it was awesome. If it was playing in IMAX 3D I would have chosen that of course.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw it in RPX 3D. I don't want to turn this thread into a 2D vs. 3D battle, but since this film was released in 3D, 3D was the only option I was willing to entertain for a theatrical viewing. I found the 3D to be on par with that of the previous film in the series.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would have seen it in 3D first, (I'll be seeing it soon in 3D) but it was playing on a small screen. So I opted for Dolb Cinema first.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, since I haven't seen it yet and TINO says it okay...I won't see it at the movies, but I will get it on 3D/4K. Loved the first two, especially the second in 3D!!! :3dglasses:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
One is available for pre-order - hopefully Fox follows through. They're generally pretty good.

Good to know. I'd be REALLY happy if Best Buy continues their recent trend and offers a 4K UHD/3D/Blu-ray combo steelbook for this film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well, since I haven't seen it yet and TINO says it okay...I won't see it at the movies, but I will get it on 3D/4K. Loved the first two, especially the second in 3D!!! :3dglasses:
Huh??:blink:

I loved the film and you should absolutely see it in theaters. In 3D of course.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I thought the 3D was superb, the acting was wonderful and the special effects were great. We did not really find seeing the movie that enjoyable an experience however. It is too long, and much too somber for a "fun summer movie". It's rather hard to feel good about the death of your own species, and you leave rather depressed, and certainly don't whistle the soundtrack as you exit!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I thought the 3D was superb, the acting was wonderful and the special effects were great. We did not really find seeing the movie that enjoyable an experience however. It is too long, and much too somber for a "fun summer movie". It's rather hard to feel good about the death of your own species, and you leave rather depressed, and certainly don't whistle the soundtrack as you exit!
I still haven't seen this yet nor the earlier films for the reasons you noted. I just can't get into the right mood to see mankind's fate that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks