War and Peace delayed. Anyone know why?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill McCamy, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy Second Unit

Gasim de Paris
    Bill Hunt noted that the new Image release of "War and Peace" has been delayed. He hinted that the wait would be worthwhile. Does anyone know what's going on with this release? And will the Canadian release, which is now showing a delay at Amazon.ca, be similarly "improved?"

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

When I talked to Image, I was told it was just production issues. Keep in mind that while the disc is being made and distributed by Image, it was actually produced by the Russian company Ruscico. That has resulted in all kinds of headaches related to trying to write about the thing, from my perspective.

I'm guessing that Bill is just alluding to all the extras already planned for the 4-disc set--uncut movie, various making-of featurettes, interviews, Tolstoy documentary, etc.--and not that the delay means anything is being added. But he can speak to that here if he wants.

Keep in mind that just the movie, the 403-minute Russian cut, is available on a 3-disc set that came out from Kultur on Oct. 29. For those who can't wait...

3. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

.... or the Tolstoy estate is holding things up. [​IMG]