What's new

Wanting to buy a LD player.. Recomendations? (1 Viewer)

Gregg S

Auditioning
I know dvd's are now the standard and such, but I am wanting to purchase a LD player for older titles that wont see the light of day for awhile or have been released on dvd but didnt have the extras from the LD versions etc.. So which LD player would you all recommend to someone now days? I dont need the superduper/elite hight end stuff either just a good solid full feature player. Any info would be excellent!
thanks

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg, Do you have a digital reciever? If so I recommend the Pioneer CLD-D505 w/AC-3 output. You'll also need to get an RF demodulator (Yamaha APD-1).
I bought both of these on eBay for less than 150 dollars each.
Happy hunting.
Trace

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There’s no reason to look at any brand besides Pioneer for laser disc players. Another excellent player is the CLD-705.
The nice thing about laser disc players is that the market has bottomed out. Bad for sellers, good for buyers. So even though you don’t need a “super-duper” high-end player, you can get them all day for $250. So why not?
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

------------------
My Equipment List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks