What's new

Wanting new Headphones for Christmas mostly for DVD's (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I bought a pair of Sony earmuff headphones a while ago for about $40-50 (MDR-CD160), and I just don't like them, so I'm trying to find the right pair for Christmas. That's just another week or two away, as you know, so hopefully I can make it.

To help explain, I'll tell what I don't like about my current pair. For one thing, they didn't even sound that good. Another thing is that after a few minutes they made my ears and head hurt. Maybe it's just that it's not that soft, or it's the way it grabs and hangs on my ears. The headband is also this plastic painful flat thing that presses too hard on my head, so I usually don't use it much for support. So, I would especially like these areas to be better. If I could lie in bed with them, that would be the greatest.

I also just got a Sennheiser DSP Pro that's supposed decode the sound to make any headphones fake surround sound. It's pretty cool, but I want some headphones that do it more justice.

Anyway, to sum up what I'm looking for:

1. $60-$90 depending

2. Mostly for DVD's (in Dolby Headphone), and some music

3. Very Comfortable (even bed-worthy, if possible)

Please share some suggestions, since I know you guys probably know more about this than me.

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Grado SR60 ($60) or SR80 ($90). If you get the 80s buy large replacement pads from Radio Shack ($2.49). The stock pads on the 80s are killers on my ears. I listened to both and found the 80s smoother sounding and worth the extra cost. If you decide to go crazy and spend more the Senns HD580 are fantastic for ~$170 - $200ish depending where you buy. However, for under a $100 the Grados are hard to beat.

Nick

Jeff Weight

Stunt Coordinator
Nick G, I second the Grado's. There isn't anything better for the price. Thanks for the tip on the RS pads, I'll have to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks