Wanted - used floor standing speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Timothy crow, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Timothy crow

Timothy crow Auditioning

I'd like to buy your spare set of floorstanders that have been in your basement and/or spare room for the last year.

I need them for a large space ... and i don't have a powerful amp to drive them with. So, optimally they would have an 8" woofer (or larger) and would be somewhat efficient.

Looking to spend around $275, but could go a little higher for something worthwhile.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Where are you located?

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I think you must view this thread over at the Home Theater Talk site. Large, floor-standing speakers which are new - and right in your price range:

Linky to Speakers

4. Timothy crow

Timothy crow Auditioning

Oh yeah, guess location could make a transaction convenient. I'm in New Jersey.

Thanks for the link, but I think that I'll keep looking ... no independant reviews on the speakers.

I saw a set of vandersteen 2ce's for sale but I've heard that they are a little power hungry so I'm gonna wait to see if what someone might have in their closet. Suggestions welcome!

Tim

5. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

Tim,

Tweeter is closing out the CR95 speakers for $275/pr. I have these and love them.

Leigh

6. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Sorry Tim, You're too far away for me to sell you mine. Yamaha NS200xt (6.00 Ohm).
    If you can find a set close by you, they're perfect for a large room.

7. Timothy crow

Timothy crow Auditioning

Bump.

Someone must have a lonely pair of floorstanders going to waste.

Tim

8. Dave_BTV

Dave_BTV Auditioning

I've got a pair of Warfedale Valdus 500 SE's that will fill a room with 93dB sensitivity. Like new, need to get rid of them since I've moved into a new house. A good deal at $100 + shipping.

9. JonahWicky

JonahWicky Stunt Coordinator

I have a pair of vintage Genesis II's that are holding up my new Axioms. Check out Human Speakers , and follow the Genesis link to the specs. In their day, they were legendary performers. 8" woofer + 10" PR, 28 Hz - 20 kHz, 15-100 W
    All 4 drivers are new within 2 years from Human made to original specs. Some minor internal mods to add stiffeners. Some wear as you might expect from 30 years of use. Still sound really good.
    I'll sell for $150/pair. I'm in Ct. near Danbury. Email if interested. I can send pics.