Wanted: Reliable Electrician/Installer - Wash DC area

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mike Schaef, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Mike Schaef

Mike Schaef Auditioning

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but I'm looking for a referral for a good, reliable, professional installer/electrician in the Washington DC metro area to install my plasma, components and speakers. I also need an outlet moved and a cable outlet installed. I know this is a DIY forum...but this is one area where I know I need professional help! All the stores (i.e. Tweeter) want an arm and a leg to install...thanks

2. Bobby C

Bobby C Stunt Coordinator

Hi Mike,

I'm in the DC area & I may be looking for someone like this as well. Let me know if you find anyone & I'll do the same. I may pull my own electrical permit, Montgomery County allows it if you take a test & pass it.

Good luck,
    Bob

3. Mike Schaef

Mike Schaef Auditioning

Bobby - I got the following reply from another memeber and found it very helpful. I would suggest going to the CEDIA site for sure.

To save cash find a sub-contractor. Any high-volt work will be more. Try lsdinc.com for trustworthy, experienced installers, (look for the "installer's corner"). Also try cedia.net and enter the DC area search most of the installers affiliated with CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association) know their stuff and have received lecture and hands-on training specific to todays structured cabling prewiring and custom and difficult retrowiring and they own the advanced specialty tools required for a clean install. There is another source called Installer.com for the site search it on crutchfield.com