What's new

WANTED: MCHALE'S NAVY (1964) AND MCHALE'S NAVY JOINS THE AIRFORCE (1965)!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Fruge

Auditioning
Real Name
IpodMan09
I haven't seen these since I was a kid N would give ANYTHING to have them on DVD or Blu-Ray, ESPECIALLY now that we've lost Ernest Borgnine!

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Universal , through Amazon , released an MOD of McHale's Navy the movie a year or two ago .

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
http://www.amazon.com/McHales-Universal-Vault-Ernest-Borgnine/dp/B004LLIRTA/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1341852081&sr=1-2&keywords=mchales+navy+movie

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
zabijecie said:
hey, any news on the two mchales navy movies? I'm very interested in them seeing how i've bought all four seasons!
The best set currently available is the Australian blu-ray release by Madman Entertainment. It's region free and includes both movies along with an informative boolet. The films were licensed from Universal for that release, and both have a good HD transfer.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here's a link to the bluray double feature of the films.
http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/dvds-blu-ray/comedy/bpnBIGW_AID101890/mchale-039-s-navy-the-movies-double-feature
Madman entertainment is the same company that released the TV series in Australia so this isn't a bootleg.
Sorry my error. The company I linked to does not currently ship internationally.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Here is the link to the madman website.
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/14161/mchale-s-navy-movie-double-feature-bluray
The cost is $39.95. Subtract 10% because of the VAT. The shipping will be around $8. Also unfortunately due to the weakness of the dollar vs Australian dollar, that adds about 2% to the cost.
I also have heard that a reason for McHale's Navy's demise was that the show would have had to go to color to continue and producers didn't want to spend the extra money. Also read that F-Troop was cancelled due to the extra costs of filming in color.

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
As of today anyway, I know Deep Discount also has the movie double feature in Blu-ray. I actually went ahead and ordered it today. In my opinion, the tv series McHale's Navy is one of the funniest sitcoms EVER, especially if you like Tim Conway and Joe Flynn. The chemistry between those two is off the charts!! So, beings i like the show so much, i thought i'd give the movies a try also.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Wow!! That DD price for the Blu Ray is rather high even if it is a 41% discount. The Australian copy sent to US is about the same price when our GST(Goods&ServicesTax) is taken off and the postage added and exchange rates. I paid nothing like that for my copy sometime ago. the Australian company is HQ-ed in my city. I know these people and know them in all their guises over the decades.

The subtract the GST from an Australia price one has to divide the price by 11 and taken that amount off the original price.

With postage one has to be aware that over a certain weight there is a A$9 surcharge by courtesy of Obama's mob who wanted this charge to combat terror packages from Australia. A lot of nonsense but there it is. There should be details under Australia Post on the web re the amount. I mention this because there are a lot of items in DVD & Blu Ray(particularly from Madman, Umbrella, The AV Channel, Aztec, all the same business, actually) not available anywhere else at this time. This includes films and TV series. They get 3rd party rights from several labels as well like MGM/Fox, BBC & Universal amongst others and do a lot of local films & TV series. This noted businesses have survived to date but others have fallen by the wayside or slowed down due to the times we now live in.

I have to admit that I don't keep a good a look out for local stuff as I should because I spend a lot of time on buying from USA/UK/Germany and often get a surprise when something has been released locally and I was unaware of the initial release. Listings like those from Amazon are not so easy to come by here and I rarely have the time to visit shops to look for new lines and rely on others. A guy with a collector's shop did have an e-mail catalogue listing each month but he stopped it but I believe he still has a monthly list on his counter.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I found the cheapest method of ordering the Madman blu-ray way through sellers on Australia's Ebay sister page Ebay.au.
rmw650 said:
I think these movies are also available via Amazon/Universal MOD for a certain price, if I am not mistaken.
Only the first movie is, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks