What's new

WANTED: Kurosawa's Dreams (1 Viewer)

Ben Tallen

Agent
In the name of all that is good and digitally enhanced, does anyone know if there are any plans to release Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams" on DVD at any time? It is truly a wonderful film and I cannot even stoop to buying it on VHS because it costs $100 for some reason. Help me Home Theater Forum members, you're my only hope.
Ben Tallen
------------------
________
"The Mob is run by murdering, thieving, lying, cheating psychopaths. We work for the President of the United States of America."

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Cost $100 new or goes for $100 on Ebay? Interesting either way. The LD can be had for much less on Ebay - got an LD player?
As to your main question - this has been asked many times. I haven't heard a thing. Wished I had.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Ben Tallen

Agent
Don't have an LD player. I get a price of $92.99 from Amazon. Now granted I haven't looked everywhere but my girlfriend has searched for this title before and came up with a similar dollar amount. The used price is $42 on Amazon but I was kind of hoping for new (and cheaper than $42 as well).
------------------
________
"The Mob is run by murdering, thieving, lying, cheating psychopaths. We work for the President of the United States of America."

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
After all the great announcements in the past few months, this film has moved up to my top 3 most wanted discs. I believe Warner owns it... so who knows when (if ever) it'll show up on DVD.
I'd pay top dollar for the last sequence alone in all it's widescreen glory.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Warner owns it, it's one of those titles I always bring up when someone says "Everything goes sell-through". It never left rental pricing, and the widescreen subbed copy taped from TCM got mangled in the VCR, *sniff*
Wurd has it that Criterion is trying to snag all of Kurosawa's work, so hopefully they'll wrest it from AOL oppression
Jeff Kleist

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
$100 for "Dreams" on VHS?! Ouch!
I'd give you guys some dubs from the LD, but that's naughty.
Bring on a Criterion DVD!
------------------
"Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This movie is on my most-wanted list too. Come on Warner, you owe us!
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks