What's new

Wanted: High quality scan of original Project Gotham Racing cover (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The roadway and lane markers are just as bad on GT3 as on PGR. I noticed that on GT3 MONTHS ago, but it in NO way detracts from playing the game, or my love for it. GT3 is a great game.
Mike

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Dave if you liked MSR you are going to LOVE PGR. Buy it bud, you are not I repeat not going to regret it, ever.
Dean

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Fuck, enough with this Morgan. I'm getting so tired of reading your constant Xbox bashing and I'm sure everyone else is also. 1000+ post's of bashing the Xbox is quite enough.
Amen 2 that...
Yeah, PGR looks awesome, too bad i got no $$$ to spend on another game console...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Regarding street lines in PGR and GT3:
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
It's STREET racing! Haven't you ever been to or seen a city street grand prix? The lines on the street are there for every day traffic. The RACE course goes every which way compared to normal traffic. So, the lines are actually very realistic. GT3 has some race courses that do the SAME thing. Dude, turn off your computer and your game machine, and turn on Speed Vision or ESPN for a bit. If that's too much to ask, go out and get the DVD of Super Speedway and watch some REAL street racing, so that you can get a CLUE!
I watched that video posted above several times now, and carefully watched the painted lines on the street. They all seem to do exactly what they should, AFAI can tell.
The only thing I didn't care for in that PGR demo video, is the sound of the engine. Sorry, didn't sound like a Ferrari to me. But maybe it will on a nice HT sound system... :)
------------------
-Kieran
My HT Page
[Edited last by Kieran Coghlan on November 16, 2001 at 07:21 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When I played GT3, the lines in the road looked nice and didn't strike out as an annoyance. In the PGR videos and screenshots I've seen, they annoy me. The backgrounds also look bland.
I'm sure the game is good and I know the graphics are great, but would it really be that hard for them to have made it look a little better?

Camp

Senior HTF Member
One of the features in the new version of the Home Theater Forum software:
* Add irritating members to your IGNORE list so you never see a post from them
You know where I'll be using that feature!
wink.gif

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
When I played GT3, the lines in the road looked nice and didn't strike out as an annoyance. In the PGR videos and screenshots I've seen, they annoy me. The backgrounds also look bland.
I'm sure the game is good and I know the graphics are great, but would it really be that hard for them to have made it look a little better?
1. Wow, the lines annoy you... THATS IT, STOP THE PRESSES, CHANGE THOSE FREAKIN LINES FOR MORGAN... frankly we, and the video game people dont care.. They're trying to give the most realistic video possible, and they are sticking to it. Im betting that those lines there are ACTUALLY there in real life... Since the buildings around are based on real life.
2. Yeah, that'd be great wont it? They should make the GT3, and MGS2, and Devil May Cry look a little bit better, coz i still see jaggies, and all the leaves look the same on the trees in GT3...
------------------
Horoscope:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
NickSo-
The games you listed as having jaggies all have jaggies when something is far from the camera, which also happens on the XB and PS2.
Do the lines on the roads bug me in PGR? Yes. Is it so bad I wouldn't buy the game? No. Its a racing game, the genre I pay the least attention to next to sports, so if I didn't buy it, it would be because of its genre, not graphics. I bought GT3 because of the graphics and gameplay, plus I hadn't played any other GT games. The last racing game before GT3 that I bought is probably Mario Kart for GBA, and Diddy Kong Racing for N64 before that. So thats 3 in the last 3, 4 years?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The games you listed as having jaggies all have jaggies when something is far from the camera, which also happens on the XB and PS2.
Do the lines on the roads bug me in PGR? Yes. Is it so bad I wouldn't buy the game? No. Its a racing game, the genre I pay the least attention to next to sports, so if I didn't buy it, it would be because of its genre, not graphics. I bought GT3 because of the graphics and gameplay, plus I hadn't played any other GT games. The last racing game before GT3 that I bought is probably Mario Kart for GBA, and Diddy Kong Racing for N64 before that. So thats 3 in the last 3, 4 years?
1. Yeah, thats what im saying... Sure there are jaggies, the dev's did their best, and they cant '[make] it look a little better'... Stop whining about the 'bland' backgrounds and street lines...
2. If you dont pay so much attention to the genre, then why do you pay so much attention about this one? Why do you pay so much attention to the lines that dont look right, and the bland backgrounds? Oh i know, its for the XBOX!
------------------
Horoscope:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The reason I pay so much attention to this game is because I can't get a grasp for the gameplay from screenshots and videos. If I was playing the game, the only thing that would matter is how the cars control and how fun it is. If I'm just watching it, the graphics take precedence.
And to tell the truth, X-Box games also have jaggies on things that are far from the camera, just like the PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks