“Woman for Sale, Part I & II”
“A Game of Death … An Act of Love, Part I & II”
“Lynch Town”
“The Town Tamers”
“A Trail of Bloodshed”
“Cowtown Hustler”
“To Ride a Yeller Horse”

Notes
Despite his monumental onscreen credits, Jerrold Immel just writes a handful of original scores—Immel seems to have become the prolific Leon Klatzkin of the last era. John Parker only gives seven scores.

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
¶​
¶ Next on Gunsmoke: season 20, starting from October 5!​
¶ I’m off during three weeks because I need to refill.​
¶ Load your gun and be ready!​
¶​
mattdillon20_01.jpg

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

JustARandomStan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stan
I managed to get in touch with CBS Home Video and they did confirm to me that the complete series set IS NOT OUT OF PRINT, but Amazon has been having trouble restocking it for the past few weeks. The same goes for the Criminal Minds complete series set, as that was also unavailable.

They did tell me that Amazon reassured them that this situation will be remedied very soon.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Do seasons 12 to 15 of Gunsmoke on DVD keep this logo before the intro sequence?

~Ben

Another good question-- I know that at least the first go of Hogan's Heroes has it (outside of the B/W pilot), so I would imagine that those Gunsmoke seasons would have it (might be incorrect, though).

JustARandomStan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stan
That's great news; I just came here to check to see whether or not it was in print. Thanks for the legwork, Stan.
Hi there, I just visited the Amazon website and the complete series set is due to be back in stock on October 4th, but can be ordered right now. Thankfully, might I say, cause the Amazon marketplace prices were closing in on $500.

Reactions: Flashgear

Flashgear

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randall
Do seasons 12 to 15 of Gunsmoke on DVD keep this logo before the intro sequence?

~Ben
Unfortunately, they do not. But anyone who loves Gunsmoke and wants it on DVD should get the complete series mega-set, even if it's somewhat unwieldy in those tightly packed and stacked cases that I hate. I'm glad to have the entire series in the original half season and full season releases that paved the way for this amazing complete series release. I spent probably seven to eight hundred dollars since 2005 when CBS/P first released the 50th anniversary select volumes and the directors box set which I still have. Then came the complete season one in 2007. It's been a long road, with apparent stalls after season eleven came out with a nearly 3 year delay before season twelve came out. A lot of us thought we were permanently stalled with the release of season thirteen. But CBS/P surprised and stunned us all with a rapid cascade of full season releases to complete the run up to season twenty!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Unfortunately, they do not. But anyone who loves Gunsmoke and wants it on DVD should get the complete series mega-set, even if it's somewhat unwieldy in those tightly packed and stacked cases that I hate.
And I feel the same way about the CBS-owned shows that I like (The Streets of San Francisco, Have Gun, Will Travel, and The Untouchables).

One thing about that Gunsmoke all-in-one: is it longer and wider than the footprint of all the seasonal releases (regular and volume) put together, or is it shorter?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Unfortunately, they do not. But anyone who loves Gunsmoke and wants it on DVD should get the complete series mega-set, even if it's somewhat unwieldy in those tightly packed and stacked cases that I hate. I'm glad to have the entire series in the original half season and full season releases that paved the way for this amazing complete series release. I spent probably seven to eight hundred dollars since 2005 when CBS/P first released the 50th anniversary select volumes and the directors box set which I still have. Then came the complete season one in 2007. It's been a long road, with apparent stalls after season eleven came out with a nearly 3 year delay before season twelve came out. A lot of us thought we were permanently stalled with the release of season thirteen. But CBS/P surprised and stunned us all with a rapid cascade of full season releases to complete the run up to season twenty!
Holy cash cow, Batman. I just did a quick check and I spent about $800 as well over the last 15 years to get all 20 seasons of Gunsmoke. It sounds a little painful in retrospect, but at the time I was so happy to purchase one of my all-time favorites, after so many years of wondering how far CBS would make it in their releases. And I really prefer not to buy those big bulky cases with 24 discs crammed in. But as Marshall Dillon himself might say: "hold it right there, Mister - that's a lot of money."

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
The Fugitive, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Streets of San Francisco, The Untouchables had the miserable fate to be divided​
because they were considered as obscure or hard sellers back in the previous decades.​

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
¶​
¶ Hey! Don’t go away! I’m still resting!​
¶ See you on Monday 5 for season 20 reviews.​
¶​
mattdillon20_03.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Fugitive, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Streets of San Francisco, The Untouchables had the miserable fate to be divided​
because they were considered as obscure or hard sellers back in the previous decades.​
Does that mean that nobody knew about them, or wanted to buy them? (Just a guess on my part as to what that means.)

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo