What's new

Want to watch video on my monitor (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Greetings.
I notice a lot of posts on the subject of video capture to PC, but that is not what I want to do. I just want to run composite or S-Video from my LaserDisc player through some kind of interface which will allow me to watch it on the screen, without having to store it on my hard drive, convert it to some kind of video file format, or what have you. This is just a space issue, I'm trying not to have two CRTs in my dorm room:) . I have an inkling that a TV viewer card with a video input would do the job, as (e.g.) the ATI All-In-Wonder; I'm wondering, though, (a) if there is another solution (b) what anyone else's experience has been?
Regards

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Easiest would be if you're upgrading your vid card get an ATi AIW like you said. If you don't need to upgrade there are two popular solutions for S-video input:

Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 ($150)
AVerDVD EZMaker Video Capture Card ($45)

The better card of the two is the WinTV sporting better hardware, but you pay for it. You can use DScaler to display your video and FFDshow to tweak it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks