What's new

Want to upgrade from budget Polk speakers... (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Mike Frezon said:
I have immediately replaced the old R15s with the RTi4s. I guess I need to run Audyssey again.

I have been trying out the "Direct" mode on the Denon by-passing the Audyssey results on some of my music listening. It is an interesting (and sometimes dramatic) difference.

I'll need a while before being able to assess any improvement in my surrounds with the new speakers. Even though the RTi4s might be overkill for surrounds (?), they sure do look nice now complementing the visual aesthetics in the room combined with the RTi6s and CSi5. :thumbsup: THAT I can say without any hesitation.

I do almost all my two channel music listening in Pure Direct. I listen to Sirrius/XM off Dish Network in Pure Analog. With the Dish receiver the difference between analog and hdmi is dramatic. HDMI sounds sort of muffled. The difference between the two isn't as dramatic with other source players but sometimes it'sis noticable.

Whenever I feel like I've spent too much money on speakers I always que up something like Wild Mountain Honey off the 5.1 DTS cd of Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle. Then I think...ya, money well spent.

http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Miller-Band-Fly-Like-An-Eagle/release/3012705

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ooooh. I have that DTS Steve Miller disc. Something else to try out! :biggrin:

Had the Boz Scaggs "Live" DVD out today, too! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks