What's new

Want to make my HT system look cool (1 Viewer)

Paul Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Spencer
To all the nay sayers:
Let the guy have his flashing lights if that's what he wants!!!

Ebay is a good place to look to find flashing light gadgets.

Also you could have some fun with lights in the room, maybe have "fairy lights" with a black ceiling behind, which could be interesting. If you want to be tricky, don't think just about the equipment, think about the room. The equipment might be best hidden away somewhere in the room - if you have a lot of different components it can be hard to get them to look good all together, they often won't match and it gets annoying if some are silver, black, gold, different widths etc......

Joe D

Supporting Actor
If you are a Star Wars fan how about buying the Ultimate Collector Series Star Destroyer from Lego.com

The model is 3 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 1 1/2 feet high. The model looks amazing.

The doc did say jigawatts in the movie i just watched it today. I'm with Robert with the rope light idea. I have them on my HT setup so they create a cool blue glow when i watch movies.

Paul Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Spencer
Another thing that could look good:

a UV light with dark walls but certain parts white. Imagine light switches glowing and hovering in a black wall that you can't see. Maybe a very dark room that has a sensor so that when you are near the door, coming in or out, the UV light lets you see certain things like the light switch, any steps, skirting boards so you know where the walls are, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks