What's new

Want to know more about the DC Universe than the next guy? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
What a muddled mess. It sounds to me like they're too lazy or feel too restricted to bother with continuity and/or want the freedom to throw any amount of stuff against the wall to see what sticks (sells). "Ok, don't like that version of Superman? Try this one on for size", as if the reading is trying on clothes. Bleh.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

The multiple Earths were pretty easy to understand before the original Crisis, contrary to DC's propaganda. The point where it became a real nightmare was after they tried to simplify everything but didn't bother to make certain that all the various editors were on the same page, so you had multiple versions of characters existing simultaneously in the same single continuity. Whoopsie. They've been trying in vain to clean up that mess ever since.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It's such a confounding mess.

What I would like to see but have never found on the internet is a chronological publishing list breaking down what issues of what came out in what month, as opposed to list trying to put the DC Universe in some kind "story" order.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
It'd be interesting to see how they handle these appearances in the Superman collected set :).

Also, I never knew how many lines Turtles TV stole from the Batman comics. Assuming those lines wheren't new even when those comics came out in the 30's :).

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

The list on Wikipedia is incomplete. The appendix to Crisis on Infinite Earths: Absolute Edition contains a much more thorough list, which includes many of Superman's imaginary stories from the Silver Age, as well as most Elseworlds titles.

Russell,

Try this site!

http://www.dcindexes.com/

The Cover Gallery, Time Machine, and Master List have what you are looking for.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Nice work Rob!! I appreciate this one!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
HUMPS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks