Want to built Crossover by myself

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
I don´t know if this thread could be here. Sorry if I´m wrong.

What I exactly want is to know someone who know about crossover because I want build one for my subwoofer. I want it to be at 80 to 20 Hz.

Also if someone know any page with plans and other stoves will be helpful.

Thank a lot for your future posts.

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
Ethan, could you help me to create a crossover? Could you spend some time to talk, explain, and help me in this proyect. Also I want some recomendations and hints. Thankss for your help. I will be readind your messages. I´m really interested in this...

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
Sorry for my english... I continue reading your site and I got some questions.

1. Is this a low pass filter?
2. This will cut the frecuencies above 80 and below 20?
3. Doesn´t matter if the amplifier have a lot of watts? ( around 500watts)?
4. Doesn´t matter the ohmns of the amplifiers?
5.How much volts does it need? 15 volts?
6. If I want to build a crossover or crossovers for the rest of the frecuencies. For example, for subwoofer(moreless explain), middles, and tweeters.What I need to know?
7. Do you have the disponibility to help me build the crossover. While I recolet money for all, and find help to construct the circuits?

Thanks a lot if you acept. Sorry for my English. Also I´m studing mechanical engineering thats why I don´t know a lot of thing about this. But I love music and home theater... This is my dream... Thanks

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Robert that given the level of your questions you're probably better off building a kit. I'm not trying to discourage you! But the audio construction articles on my web site might be just a bit too advanced for you at this point.

--Ethan

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Why do you want to build such a crossover? There are inline RCA crossovers like the XMods that would do what you need and are very cheap...though I'd still like to know why you need it?

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
Yes I know the questions are from low level in electronics but, I´m not alone. I have friends who know about this area. But the differences is that here in Panama all the people is not familiarized with all this stuff, we only concentrate in buy what we saw and thats all. Here in Panama, in my neighborhood I am one of the little group who know to talk, read, and write moreless in English. I want you to give me an opportunity to learn by building the crossovers with my friends. Also we don´t have the availability in every place, because here is different from United States.

I fought this forum because I´m lucky, if not I don´t know what I could be doing right know.

I want to learn by your help and my friends help how to separate frequencies for the speakers and how to build all of this.

I exactly want to make two boxes for stereo, not buy it and finish. I want to buy speaker for subwoofer, woofer, middles, and tweeter and set it up for music. The advantage for me of all is the separations of frequencies because with this tool I can do a lot of things.

Sorry if I´m bothering you and take out your time and patient.
Remenber my English isn´t good

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator

Your English is fine and you're not bothering me at all!

I suggest you do a little Google research to look for beginner advice with electronic circuits. There are a lot of web sites that have exactly the information you need if you spend a little time searching.

--Ethan

Williams16

Grip
Real Name
Guillermo Bethancourt
I will look information in google to learn more about crossovers. Thanks you a lot, I hope in the future I could talk with you about this.

I want you to know that at least I learn to build the crossover for my subwoofer. Of course I have a lot of things more to learn.

I will ask you only one question but, I want you to answer it please... Is only one...

In your site when you present the electronic crossover ( standard cut off 800hz) with this I could build a crossover for a middle and tweeter? I have a little idea that I could not, but I want your answer.

Ethan, thank you for all your recommendations I will develop my knowledge in this.

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, you can make a 3-way crossover but you'll need two circuits for each channel insead of only one. The first splits two ways for the woofer and mids/highs, and the mids/highs are then further split to separate mids and highs at a higher frequency.

--Ethan

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo