Want to build an entertainment center

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BridgetJZ, Jun 10, 2004.

1. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

I got a fantastic new surround sound system as a gift recently which doesnt' fit in the old entertainment center that we have. I was thinking about building a new one... primarily because I haven't been able to come across one that fits everything just right.

What do you guys suggest... should i buy or build?

2. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

I just realized i posted this in the wrong board... sorry

[​IMG]

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

That's ok, but I think you embody the problem I have with all entertainment centers right in your question: they always seem to prevent changes. They are not good acoustically usually, to have speakers in an entertainment center if you have a goos system, closed doors and such tend to reduce cooling for electronics, they limit changes and upgrades, etc. I would probably go less for a full entertainment center, and more for a large shelf or something simple.

4. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

Thanks. That's really good advice and something that I haven't thought of before. I'm having some of my more crafty friends over tonight to see if they can't design me better (this Home theater obsession of mine is primarily due to their influence).

I'll let all interested parties know how this turns out.

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Bridget,

Do you want this thread to go to HT Construction & Interiors?

Cees