Want some opinions

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Khasimir, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Khasimir

Khasimir Extra

I just bought a Klipsch R-35 set of speakers and I'm wondering if I committed overkill. I really dig Klipsch speakers and on one hand I'm pumped about the set. On the other hand, because of my kids, I really don't turn the volume up when I'm watching a movie.
    If I downgrade to a smaller set of Klipsch speakers, will I really sacrifice sound quality? My thought is that I won't at lower sound levels, but what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jordan_Brulotte

Jordan_Brulotte Stunt Coordinator

Have you thought about selling the kids and getting even louder/better speakers?

Hehe

3. John S

John S Producer

Speakers aren't just about being loud. If they sound good to your ears they are a sound investment at any volume you choose to listen to them at.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Ear plugs for the kids are cheap.

If you already own the speakers, and as John said, if you're happy with them, I'd just keep them.

5. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

If you like Klipsch speakers (as I do) you won't be satisfied with any of their smaller/cheaper offerings IMO.

Mort

6. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Like others said, it's about quality, not loudness. Unless it's a frat party, then it's definitely loudness. [​IMG]

If you like how they sound, keep them.

7. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

You may want to try going to an audio place to see if they would let you borrow a pair of say several other brands around the same cost as yours and take them home for the weekend. Lot's of people love Klipsh for awhile then find they prefer a different speaker down the road that is not quite as forward. I love Klipsch speakers if I can crank them up. If I can't,, and I have kids too I am glad I have a more mellow sounding speaker if you will that I can get the loudness out of it without it traveling throughout the whole house. I do love the horn sound but your absolutely right.. they can really sound louder than they really are. Klipsh speakers are very power efficient as well.