What's new

Want new 5.1 set up (1 Viewer)

Justou7

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
Good evening I am new here so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway I am looking to get a 5.1 home theatre component system. I am stuck between svs ultras or b&w cm8s.

What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)? Both

Primary Use: 50% Music, 50% TV & Movies

Desired Configuration: 5.1

Room Size: 15×15

Is the room open to other areas of your home: yes kitchen

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? Yes I bought a yamaha aventage rx-a1060

What's your budget (low to high): $1500-3000, I work at a big electronics store so cut the price in half of the speaker you recommend and that is about what I will pay.

Any special requirements (Wife Acceptance)? Nope

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Justin :welcome: to the forum. I'm sorry I'm late getting back to you I've been busy at work the last few days.

Your budget is certainly up there for the beginner section but I'll try to help. I think you're really good on the AVR so if that budget is just for the speakers man you have options. It sounds like you're set on two different brands that unfortunately I have little experience with. I've not heard the SVS speakers and the B&W's just didn't impress me when I heard them at a large blue box retailer. Now I don't remember listening to these specifically but I did try a bunch and they didn't do anything for me.

My advice would be to try them and see which ones you like in your house. Listening at a store will only give you a part of the story. Having them in your home with your stuff makes a huge difference. If you're spending this much on speaker you need to audition them. I know SVS is great about giving you time with the speakers to decide. I'm not sure about going through a retailer but it doesn't hurt that you work there.

Also what are you going to do with the low end? That will certainly take up some of the budget I would think.

Justou7

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
Thanks for your input, I decided to go with b&w cm8s and cm1s for rear surrounds. I went with an svs sb-2000 For the sub.

pedro79

Auditioning
Real Name
Pedro Alvarado
Good evening I am new here so I hope I'm doing this right. Anyway I am looking to get a 5.1 home theatre component system. I am stuck between svs ultras or b&w cm8s.

What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)? Both

Primary Use: 50% Music, 50% TV & Movies

Desired Configuration: 5.1

Room Size: 15×15

Is the room open to other areas of your home: yes kitchen

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? Yes I bought a yamaha aventage rx-a1060

What's your budget (low to high): $1500-3000, I work at a big electronics store so cut the price in half of the speaker you recommend and that is about what I will pay.

Any special requirements (Wife Acceptance)? Nope

you are in the wrong thread.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...woofer-should-i-buy-assistance-thread.347602/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks