Want Aluminum case - Lian-Li PC-7 vs Skyhawk

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Right... if there are any case builders in these here forums!
    OK... for my next system, i want to have a nice aluminum case. Of course, aluminum=lian-li, but i don't want to spend a lot - want to keep costs down.
    One option (the only one i see) is the Lian-Li PC-7 on newegg for $ 108. The Skyhawk cases go for less than $ 80, usually. What would you advise??
    I want a case that looks very simple and clean - totally the refrigaerator look. So i don't care for rounded edges or extra plastic anywhere.

What would you recommend? This case will accomodate my first tentative steps into OC'ing ( ), and i want good cooling.
    Are there any other aluminum cases out there that satisfy my requirements?? I don't want one with a door because i want to stealth my drives...

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

There is a definite quality difference between Lian-Li and Skyhawk cases. I'd spring for quality when ordering online; if you can check them out in person, and the Skyhawk is good enough, then you may reconsider.

3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

FWIW - I really like the Coolermaster aluminum cases. A littler pricey, but they rock. I've got a ATC-210 and will definitely get another one. light, well designed, well-ventilated and cool looking.

4. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Oooh, but the Coolermasters are REALLY expensive, and thus not in my list at all. Plus i don't like the door on the 110.