What's new

Want Aluminum case - Lian-Li PC-7 vs Skyhawk (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Right... if there are any case builders in these here forums!
OK... for my next system, i want to have a nice aluminum case. Of course, aluminum=lian-li, but i don't want to spend a lot - want to keep costs down.
One option (the only one i see) is the Lian-Li PC-7 on newegg for $ 108. The Skyhawk cases go for less than $ 80, usually. What would you advise??
I want a case that looks very simple and clean - totally the refrigaerator look. So i don't care for rounded edges or extra plastic anywhere.

What would you recommend? This case will accomodate my first tentative steps into OC'ing ( ), and i want good cooling.
Are there any other aluminum cases out there that satisfy my requirements?? I don't want one with a door because i want to stealth my drives...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
There is a definite quality difference between Lian-Li and Skyhawk cases. I'd spring for quality when ordering online; if you can check them out in person, and the Skyhawk is good enough, then you may reconsider.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
FWIW - I really like the Coolermaster aluminum cases. A littler pricey, but they rock. I've got a ATC-210 and will definitely get another one. light, well designed, well-ventilated and cool looking.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Oooh, but the Coolermasters are REALLY expensive, and thus not in my list at all. Plus i don't like the door on the 110.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks