What's new

Want Aluminum case - Lian-Li PC-7 vs Skyhawk (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Right... if there are any case builders in these here forums!
OK... for my next system, i want to have a nice aluminum case. Of course, aluminum=lian-li, but i don't want to spend a lot - want to keep costs down.
One option (the only one i see) is the Lian-Li PC-7 on newegg for $ 108. The Skyhawk cases go for less than $ 80, usually. What would you advise??
I want a case that looks very simple and clean - totally the refrigaerator look. So i don't care for rounded edges or extra plastic anywhere.

What would you recommend? This case will accomodate my first tentative steps into OC'ing ( ), and i want good cooling.
Are there any other aluminum cases out there that satisfy my requirements?? I don't want one with a door because i want to stealth my drives...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
There is a definite quality difference between Lian-Li and Skyhawk cases. I'd spring for quality when ordering online; if you can check them out in person, and the Skyhawk is good enough, then you may reconsider.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
FWIW - I really like the Coolermaster aluminum cases. A littler pricey, but they rock. I've got a ATC-210 and will definitely get another one. light, well designed, well-ventilated and cool looking.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Oooh, but the Coolermasters are REALLY expensive, and thus not in my list at all. Plus i don't like the door on the 110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw