What's new

Wanna' see how to make your new 12" DVC mad???!!! (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Follow this link to my webshots page.....I'll bet my new DVC just hates me for doing this to it!!! Have it installed in my Jensen cabinet for now. Flimsy cabinet, weak amp....the list goes on and on!!
What can I do (if anything) to make this package sound better until I get a cabinet made? I stuffed it with polyfill....anything else??
People like myself are just flat out dangerous.
Steve
http://community.webshots.com/user/vmax83/1

Cam S

Screenwriter
So what happens when poeple mess with the Home Theater system? Do ya show them the AK-47 :D

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
steve
It looks like you have it over-stuffed.:eek:
you need to leave those ports open.
you could also plug up the ports and try to caulk all the joints on the inside and try it as a sealed sub. I bet it would sound much better that way.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
It looks like you have it over-stuffed.
Maybe he's using it as an aperiodic enclosure! :)
I'd also suggest a shielded RCA cable from Radio Shack over what looks to be a rather flimsy, probably unshielded cable that you're using now. You'll get a cleaner signal to the sub and will more than likely be able to turn the sub's volume control down a bit. It sure helped my system!
Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

I vote for sealing up the enclosure (if you want temporary, jam a nerf ball in there:) )

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help/suggestions. To cover a couple highlights:
1. No, the dog does an awful good of "guarding" the Home Theatre System.....the AK-47 (ahhhh, AK-47's!!!) aren't really necessary. The dog is worth her weight in gold.
2. I'll try pulling the stuffing out of the ports. With 3 kids and the wife running around the house, it's hard to find time to "tweak" the system. "Steve, turn that crap down"......you know how it goes.
3. I am going to try caulking the joints and sealing the sub up as well. Lots of nerf/tennis balls around here to plug up the ports!!
4. Will try another patch cord....one that didn't come out of a cereal box (ie, toy).
5. Geezzz, with all this work, I could have built a real sub ;)
Thanks again for the help.
Steve

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
LOL Steve,
I'm sure your DVC will forgive you when you build it a new house.
BTW, I used to do quite a bit of shooting too but then I found another hobby that sucked my income away :). Nice target patterns. Thats quite a feeling when you shoot 3 rounds and can only find one large hole :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks