What's new

Wanna guess what will the studios be releasing this coming summer?(No prize guys!) (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
By now we get the confirmation on the release date of BHD coming this summer.It is fun for us to look forward what are the other studios are releasing as well...:D:D:D
From PARAMOUNT,the possible S.Es are:
TITAINC
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
TOP GUN
HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
RELIC
or best of all...INDIANA JONES:RAIDER OF THE LOST ARK(if the current right goes fully owned by LUCASFILM,looking at recent release of WILLOW by FOX...chances to PARAMOUNT will be pretty low).
From PARAMOUNT library:
SHERLOCK HOLMES
FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDERS
GREASE
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
I.Q
REGARDING HENDRY
or the most hopeful one of all...1492:CONQUEST OF PARADISE
From FOX,one possible S.E that comes into my mind,maybe INDY1(if situation happens as what was mentioned above).
FIVE STAR titles that comes into my mind are:
SPEED
TRUELIES
STRANGE DAYS
or least possible...BROKEN ARROW
Titles that maybe re-released with "ENHANCED WIDESCREEN DD/DTS" banner are:
THE EDGE
FIRESTORM
LAKE PLACID
VOLCANO
RAVENOUS
or even...BROKEN ARROW...if it doesn't make it to the FIVE STAR rank.
The worst of all,fullscreen re-releases of back catalogue titles.
Now let me think/guess again from another big two...UNIVERSAL and WARNER.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i wanna see volcano since it was a fun flick. are these titles confirmed or are these just hopefulls on your part

YANG

Screenwriter
"It is fun for us to look forward what are the other studios are releasing as well..."
I hope that i did not mislead you with the above in anyway.This are just the titles that came into my mind...since they are not yet release in DVD.These are also the titles that lots are looking forward to.
Yes,these titles are what i am hoping for...:D:D:D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Indy will always be released by Paramount. WIllow was different. Columbia Tri-Star originally distributed the film, but now Fox has it.

As far as I know, Van Ling hasn't even started on Titanic, and if he has, it's VERY recent. No way you'd see an SE of that this summer. Probably not even this fall.

The True Lies SE has been back burnered due to Sept 11, but will come forward again soon

Speed 5-Star is coming this year

I believe Grease still has music issues, or was that Saturday Night Fever. One of the 2 still has issues.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I would love to the The Relic special edition. I've actually held off on buying the current release in hopes of a special edition.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think Saturday Night Fever was resolved. Grease still has problems, though I don't know if they are music issues. I think I've seen that Olivia Newton John's suit has been settled... but even after this Martin says that problems remain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks