What's new

"Waltons" DVD questions (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have several questions concerning Warner's releases of "The Waltons," a series which my mother and father really enjoy:

1. First, do you think that the last two seasons' worth (#8 and #9) will come out anytime in the very near future?

2. Secondly, the first several seasons were released onto 5 double-sided discs apiece. Unfortunately, the back side of the 5th disc on each of those had no data on it (at least until the 6th season, I believe). Why is that? That seems like a very poor packaging decision.

3. Finally, why (when the 7th season was released) was it put onto only 3 double-siders, instead of the 5 of the other releases? Was it because there were less episodes than the other seasons?

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
1. Hopefully within the next year we will get the last 2 seasons and then hopefully a collection of the 6 post-series movies.

2. As I recall, one of the episodes, possible the last one of the season, was a double length episode. Since they only put 3 episodes on each disc side, a fifth disc was necessary.

3. I don't yet have season 7, so I can't say for sure. Perhaps they are now putting more episodes on each disc. As far as I know the episode count for S7 is similar to the previous seasons.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Thank you, Tony S, for your response. I was wondering when the last two seasons would be coming out, and your response has given my mother a glimmer of hope, as, like I said, it is a series that my mother and father really enjoy. Thank you, also, for explaining to me why the 5th disc was necessary in several of the releases, and also for offering a possible explanation for why the S7 package was a lot thinner than the others. That said, your response is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filmfan101
Recent bookmarks