What's new

Walter Mitty (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'll definitely buy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I received an email about this and was very surprised.

The Danny Kaye film I'm most looking forward to is A Song Is Born which was released on DVD and sold out quite quickly; too quickly for me. It now goes for outrageous sums in the OOP sub-market and I won't pay those prices.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I am hoping that Warner Brothers has The Court Jester through its licensing deal with Paramount, since the DVD is long out of print. A Blu-ray release of this VistaVision title would look fantastic in HD, and it also happens to be a very entertaining film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Timothy E said:
I am hoping that Warner Brothers has The Court Jester through its licensing deal with Paramount, since the DVD is long out of print. A Blu-ray release of this VistaVision title would look fantastic in HD, and it also happens to be a very entertaining film.
I agree. I am very surprised it isn't already in release. Many people think it's his best film, and it has such a wonderful cast.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
shoeshineboy said:
I'm shocked - shocked! - to see no one has commented on the announcement that The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, along with Stella Dallas, is going to be released on pressed discs by Warner's, as part of their Goldwyn series. It's a superlative comedy-fantasy with Danny Kaye at his best.http://www.classicflix.com/-a-1508.html?osCsid=fca5cf764f43bb3c75a2ec5456ddc4be
I expected the DVD. I'm really hoping for a blu for Walter Mitty and for the Princess and the Pirate. With the wonderful technicolor in those films plus an early career Virginia Mayo, both disks would look stunning.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Matt Hough said:
I agree. I am very surprised it isn't already in release. Many people think it's his best film, and it has such a wonderful cast.
With Glynis Johns at the very peak of her beauty.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is my favourite Danny Kaye film (followed by The Court Jester). I hope that the blu-ray follows this year as it is No 4 on my most wanted list. I am hopeful because of the December release of the Ben Stiller (oh dear!) film.

I am also in for The Princess and The Pirate, great work by Bob Hope and Virginia Mayo. Both films hold up well on the original HBO DVDs.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
There's a new Walter Mitty film coming out with Ben Stiller. I saw the trailer. It seems to do as much justice to Thurber's original story as the Danny Kaye version did, i.e. none. :angry:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Vic Pardo said:
There's a new Walter Mitty film coming out with Ben Stiller. I saw the trailer. It seems to do as much justice to Thurber's original story as the Danny Kaye version did, i.e. none. :angry:
I liked the Danny Kaye version so I don't really care that it didn't do justice to Thurber's story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks