What's new

Walter Hills "The Driver" ever coming out?? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Pal

Agent
I would love to see a DVD release of Walter Hills' "The Driver", with Ryan O Neal and Bruce Dern......a really good movie that has seemed to vanish......I would love to see this movie get some exposure again. Anyone know anything about a release on DVD in the works? Great, underated, overlooked movie in my opinion.....Any info??

Blu

Screenwriter
Is that the one where one guy winds up racing to something (been a VERY VERY long time and I might not even be correct at all) across country and someone has put up bulldozers to stop/kill him? I think one of the guys might have been a race car driver at one time.

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
The Driver had Ryan O'neal as a getaway driver for hire, while the cop s try to hunt him down. There is a review of the bare bones R2 copy here which sounds adequate, but not brilliant.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Is that the one where one guy winds up racing to something (been a VERY VERY long time and I might not even be correct at all) across country and someone has put up bulldozers to stop/kill him? I think one of the guys might have been a race car driver at one time.
The one you're describing is VANISHING POINT, starring Barry Newman.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon and Deep Discount DVD have this title on pre-order for a 6/7/05 release date. I ordered mine from DDD for $7.18.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks