Walt Disney's "Condorman"

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I just found out that this movie came out on DVD in 1999. Unfortunately, it's not available in stores anymore. Are there any plans of a re-release? I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid and I remember loving it (I even had the original "Condorman" novelization. Heck, I still have it buried in a box somewhere!
).

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
I have a soft spot for this film too - love Condorman's car!
Not sure about US availability, but if it's any help, it has just been released in the UK (region 2) at a very cheap £5.99 ($10). Places like play.com have it. Of course, you need to have a multi-region DVD player..

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Definitely one of my favorite films as a kid. I'd like to see a version on DVD at some point.

Jason

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I suppose you're all gonna hate me when I tell you that I have the Anchor Bay R1 release. It's a decent transfer, but non-anamorphic. i don't know if Disney will ever get around to releasing this on their own, as it's considered one of the "ugly stepchildren."

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, superhero spoofs almost always fail. "Hero at Large" or "Mystery Men," anyone? But this movie is a lot more charming than the rest. And it's got Michael Crawford, too. But is the Anchor Bay dvd more recent than the 1999 dvd? Or is that the same thing?

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Now that Witch Mountain has been released again, it would be a good time to release some others, like this one.

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Disney never releases live-action catalog titles anymore unless they can tie them in with a remake/re-imagining/whatever-they-call-their-rehashes-now or a Broadway show. Unless it's a Disney Movie Club exclusive with a transfer that was good enough for Canadian Cable TV in the 1990s.

When Disney got the rights to their "ugly stepchildren" back from Anchor Bay they flipped a coin as to which ones got remastered. And by golly, some of them needed it. This one didn't even get rereleased. Keep in mind Michael Eisner was still around cutting every corner he could before he left with his tail between his legs.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23