What's new

Walt Disney World DVD now available! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought fans of Walt Disney World in this community might like to know that WDW is now producing its souvenir videos on DVD. A friend of mine just sent me, as a gift, "Walt Disney World -- 100 Years of Magic". This is a typical bring-home-a-video-souvenir from the theme park--except that its on DVD.
The DVD contains two separate programs: "100 Years of Magic" and "The Walt Disney Story".
"100 Years of Magic" is a 55 minute overview of the four WDW parks based on this years theme celebrating the 100th anniversary of Walt's birth. It features the typical beautiful shots of people having the time of their lives at the park attractions and rides. It also has great music highlighted by a clip from Share A Dream Come True--this year's event theme.
"The Walt Disney Story" is a 1973 feature narrated by Walt himself that was produced by the Disney company for an attraction at Disneyland. It runs 21 minutes which is a couple minutes shy of its original 23 minute running time. I was surprised to see this feature in WIDESCREEN--but thought it was odd that I was still missing images off the sides of the screen. A little research found this quote from a webpage dedicated the DL attraction:
"The Walt Disney Story was projected through a special anamorphic lens which enabled a screen proportion of 2.67 to 1. This allowed for the unique scrapbook effect (seen above) used extensively in the film, where as many as three different films would be running side-by-side as part of the same scene. The soundtrack was scored by longtime Disney composer Buddy Baker, and included his haunting WDW theme used often during the resort's first ten years."
The Walt Disney Story page
The Walt Disney Story video is not a great transfer--looks like its from a film print. But the audio for both features is DD 5.1!
Mine was a gift, but there is a price on the artwork insert of $29.99. The DVD can be picked up at the park or by calling WDW Attraction Merchandise Mail Order (407)363-6200.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I wonder if this would be still available around June, when I get to go down there for Disney World(gradution is the reason).

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I was at Disneyland during the holidays and they have a different DVD available. It's gives you an overview of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. It's also in 5.1 DD.

Extras include interviews with Imagineers and a sped-up look at the construction of DCA. It's also $29.99.

Oh. And it's only available at the Theme Parks and Downtown Disney.

Andrew

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Andrew!

Thanks for the additional information about the DL DVD. I would suspect it would also be available by mail from Disneyland Deliver-Ears - they will UPS it to your door! The number is 1-800-760-3566. It is a service that will "shop" at the theme park stores for you--as long as you know what you want. I order from them all the time for DL theme park CDs. I will probably be looking into this. I will report back if I do.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You can get the 100 years of Magic WDW dvd at Disney mail order. The number is 1-407-363-6200. The item #13213103 the price is $29.99 plus $3.95 shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks