What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave Six - 12/19/2006 (1 Viewer)

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

I think I just followed the "contact us" bit - if I remember correctly there is an option for faulty DVDs - and explained that I was based in the UK and had the set. Nevertheless I will check it later, as I can't check my email account at work.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
hmmm.... Well, I just got my 'More Silly Symphonies' replacement discs in the mail today, but the lack of other posts in the forum leads me to believe that these discs may in fact not be any different than the ones I already have. What also makes me tend to believe this consequently is that I called the customer support line but a mere couple of days ago to inquire as to the status of the replacement discs.

anybody care to refresh my memory as to what I should look for on the new/old discs (i.e. what the problem was with the old discs in the first place) so I can tell whether these new discs are updated or not? thanks.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
There are a couple posts in the replacement thread here.
According to UltimateDisney.com here's what's supposed to be fixed:
I still haven't had a chance to actually compare the two discs though.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I had no idea disks were being sent out. I thought the issue had something to do with title cards. I believe it's earlier in the thread.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Well whadayaknow?! I guess the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease sometimes. The discs are in fact the fixed ones as I can confirm that "The Night Before Christmas" not only includes the infamous few seconds of Amos 'n Andy toys on parade, but now this particular cartoon has been moved from the normal menu to the "vault" area due to its restored and decidely un-p.c. content.

I haven't really checked anything else on the discs but for what it is worth the updated ones are for sure out. I don't know if everyone should just be patient and expect them to arrive shortly (assuming you called previously) or perhaps it is worth your while to give the support line another call. I'll leave that decision to your own judgement. But it is about time! At least Disney came thru in the end.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
This is great news... but I'm curious how come Disney decided to go all out for this and completely ignore the quality of wave five's 'Disney Rarities' package?

Afterall, the restoration work was completed and in many cases, the technicians just sourced the wrong masters... including non-progressive transfers.

THAT'S the one WDT that I'd REALLY like to have corrected as it suffers from the worst quality control issues by far of the series...

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'd also like to see Donald Vol.1 redone...there are awfully loud digital pops in over half of the shorts on that set....obviously a transfer error.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I got mine in the mail today.

I had completely forgotten about the issue though. I called when it was mentioned here, and quickly forgot it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the fixed editions are in any stores? Or is the only way to get them is via exchange?

Thanks,

Neil

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

Because this title (as are all of the Disney Treasures titles) is a limited edition I doubt there are many (if any) copies lying around yet on store shelves waiting to be recalled. But as the exchange is free and (rather) painless I see no reason why one couldn't purchase the discs in a store if he/she did manage to find a copy and then just call Disney CS for the replacement discs. Of course, you could always watch the discs first to see if they were already replaced at the factory, but I would seriously doubt that is going to have happened.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I'm happy to report that I also received my replacement discs from Disney yesterday. I had totally forgotten that I called them early this year.

I checked the disc numbers as per the Ultimatedisney.com link and I can confirm that mine are the new ones.

Thanks Disney!

Doug Abbott

Agent
I've been a fan of the Disney live action tv shows for years and like a lot of other fans who grew up with these shows would love to see some of these classic shows released on DVD. Shows like the 3 part "Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" (Disney has listed the cut down movie version "Dr Syn" for release 3 times and never followed through), "The Legend of Dick Turpin", and the excellent western series "Texas John Slaughter", etc. We would even pay for full seasons of them since most of the 50s Disney series like "Texas John Slaughter" ran only 17 episodes and "Elfego Baca" only ran 8 episodes. It was really stupid the way the box sets were released a couple of years ago with episode 1, 2 and then 4, why didn't they just release all 8 episodes of Elfego Baca in the tin, instead of a a few from that series and a few from Swamp Fox.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy did have More Silly Symphonies online for $29.99 when I checked earlier this week. In my local store (in Bowie, MD) they had three copies today for $24.99. Now they have two left. They have quite a few others in the Teasures series there for $24.99.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks