What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave Six - 12/19/2006 (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I did a comparison of The Goddess of Spring on the Snow White disc and this one. They are similar, but on the Treasures set, the framing is a bit higher...on the title card, the Motion Picture Assn. logo is cut off. Wonder why this title wasn't windowboxed, and would the framing still be considered correct?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Well, unless it's very heavily-zoomed, I'd say it's as accurate as the SNOW WHITE one, if only because it doesn't look like anything vital is cropped out. I also didn't notice it looking terribly claustrophobic.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that glitch on More Kittens is pretty bad! The entire picture goes haywire and breaks up at the 2:06 mark. Even the windowboxing messes up. Why do we pay these prices for flawed product? I wish Disney would fix the mistakes.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I played More Kittens on my DVR and it went through; the digital scratchy thing was barely noticeable. Then I played it again on the PlayStation and the picture froze for a few seconds, then started up again after the digital mess...the soundtrack played normally throughout. How do you say "More Kittens" in Spanish? El Sucko.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
If you think of how many bits there are on a DVD, and how many DVDs you watch in a year --- that's a lot of bits making the laser flash. In fact, if you watch just one a day, in a year you've gone through something like 12 trillion bits. It's amazing there aren't more glitches! But I do agree there should be none.

David*W

Agent
Unfortunately there are two further issues which have annoyed me above the More Silly Symphonies DVD.

First of all 'The Night Before Christmas' is unfortunately edited. The Amos n Andy mammy part has been snipped out.

Also when you watch the bonus feature when they discuss 'Goddess of Spring' the picture that appears is glorious restored! So a restored print of this short exists! So why provide an older duller grainier one as the actual cartoon?

Who else thinks Disney is trying to break the record for largest number of goofs?

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The Pluto set also contains several instances of brief combing, meaning less than a second, but enough to notice on several occasions. See "Food for Feuding" 1:02 in, or "Cold Turkey" at timepoints 2:06, 2:56, and 5:48. There are other instances as well. I don't consider this something that ruins the set per se, but it is annoying that this would slip through.

David*W

Agent

Well I've checked my copy and there are no issues in these 2 Pluto shorts at the times you mention. Perhaps this issue is not as widespread. Also it could be that just your disc is scratched/defective.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

Well, WHV has the largest number of classic animation-related goofs overall (Edited Tom and Jerry, DVNR on the Looney Tunes sets, Unrestored Magilla Gorilla, Botched Superman Cartoons on that Ultimate Set, and a couple more), although at this rate, Dinsey's pretty close to surpassing WHV

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Where is "The Night Before Christmas" edited? There's a boy in blackface near the end. Also, the cartoon goes from progressive to interlaced between 2:45 and 3:03.

Any way we can get Disney to replace this with corrected versions of this and "The Goddess of Spring"? Maybe while they're at it, they can add the uncut Three Little Pigs as an extra.

David*W

Agent
Well if you are worried about the problems with wave 6, it seems Treasures fans have more to worry about.

Apparantly Leonard Maltin has confirmed that Wave 6 was the last and there will be no more additions to the Treasures series.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Maybe next December all the Donalds will come out in four Legacy sets. That's the only hope that's keeping me alive at the moment.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Yes, the have to finish the Donald Duck material. These things are timeless. I bought them for myself as an avid classic Disney fan, but my 2 year old LOVES them. He laughs and laughs at much of the stuff on the Donald / Mickey / Goofy / Pluto sets.

Come on, Disney. Finish Donald Duck. I would prefer in a Treasures set for consistency, but however you do it, just do it (and do it right). :)

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks