What's new

Walt Disney Treasures - Wave 6 Speculation & Discussion (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well it's getting closer and closer to that time of the year again. Any new release news?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
According to ultimatedisney.com http://www.ultimatedisney.com/treasures.html

- Silly Symphonies Vol. 2

- Complete Pluto Vol. 2

- Your Host, Walt Disney

Expected to include complete episodes of Walt Disney's anthology series which prominently feature Walt not just in the introduction, but as host. Exact episodes to be determined. Walt's anthology, initially called "Disneyland" (and later "Walt Disney Presents", "The Wonderful World of Color", "The Wonderful World of Disney", "The Disney Sunday Movie", simply "Walt Disney", and "The Magical World of Disney"), debuted in 1954 and consistently aired through 1990.

- The Mickey Mouse Club featuring The Hardy Boys: The Applegate Mystery

The Hardy Boys, a pair of teenaged brothers with a flair for detective work, were well-known with readers before they were tapped as a serial subject for "The Mickey Mouse Club", Walt's daily variety series, in its second season (1956-57). This DVD will contain the first serial, titled "The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure", which was made up of 20 installments running about 10 minutes each. Disney regulars Tim Considine ("Spin & Marty", The Shaggy Dog) and Tommy Kirk (Old Yeller, The Shaggy Dog) portrayed Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively. The siblings returned for a second serial, "The Mystery of Ghost Farm", composed of 15 episodes that aired during the 1957-58 season. Considine and Kirk recently sat for interviews with Treasures host Leonard Maltin and Hardy Boys fans were contacted for additional bonus features.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Most of the posts I've read concerning the LT sets for the last 3 years are made up of complaints that some cartoon isn't included or too much of one director or too little of one character or etc. Maybe WB should have waited another decade so they could put all the cartoons into one big 75 disc set so nothing is left out. Then people would complain about the wait. :rolleyes

I forgot where I read it, but there was going to be just 10 volumes. It's apparently being considered now to keep going until every short is on DVD. Patience is a virtue! We have no choice but to wait for what WB has restored. They could use the old video masters...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm completely sold on all the treasures, and while the new looney toons set doesn't have me excited, I'm sure there are alot of unseen (by me) gems on it.

I still have to watch the last wave of treasures that came out.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
"Most of the posts I've read concerning the LT sets for the last 3 years are made up of complaints that some cartoon isn't included or too much of one director or too little of one character or etc. Maybe WB should have waited another decade so they could put all the cartoons into one big 75 disc set so nothing is left out. Then people would complain about the wait.

I forgot where I read it, but there was going to be just 10 volumes. It's apparently being considered now to keep going until every short is on DVD. Patience is a virtue! We have no choice but to wait for what WB has restored. They could use the old video masters"

Thats my piont I don't want to wait ten Years to get the good stuff !
because they have enough cartoons for well over 75 dvds,more like
150-200 the way they are going
So too wait two years for another set,which might be great is too long
for me,

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
There's also going to be a Walt Disney Treasures book, "a 160 page collection that features some never before reprinted material from the vaults of classic Disney Comics." The link above is an article about the book that also has some sample pages.

One of those pages is the first appearance of Hewey, Dewey, and Louie, which also explains what happened to their father.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's already out in comic shops; I do dig the way the cover mimiic the Treasures DVDs. I haven't quite been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on it, especially with a second volume of The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck coming out in ao mnth or two.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
"Since when is it two years? We've had a whole 4-disc set every year (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)."

I meant that since this years Looney Tunes set isn't that great ,that we will have two
years before a great set comes out(Thats my hope ,it could be longer
they have a lot cartoons which are great,and plenty that are only good )

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm excited to pick up all 4 of these sets. Only recently did I start to acquire sets from past waves, and now I'm in love with them. I may be late to the game (like really REALLY late) but I'm hopping on the train now. ;)

I want to pre-order these. Anyone have any advice on a good, reliable place to pre-order these? Amazon?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
In the past retailers like Costco and Sam's Club have had the best prices on these sets. Although if I was to preorder online I would probably go through Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks