What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: NOT so limited? (1 Viewer)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I'll be very very pleased if they are released without tins. I didn't know these existed with MM:Color was released, and refuse to pay the price that the aftermarket has set.

Antony Jackson

Auditioning
Many thanks for the replies and the link to the picture, will send my sister off with it on Saturday.

If only I was allowed to trade a few Song Of The South DVD recordings...but that would be bad:eek:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Peter,

Most people probably aren't aware this deal exists, so they can get taken. Luckily I have a good man down in GA that is helping me out, and hooking me up.

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
I was at Costco last night and they still had a couple. If anyone wants me to snag them one, email me and I'll stop by to try again.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Do we know how widespread are the number of Costcos that have them? Or are they just in California?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Brenton-

I am in Wilsonville, Oregon. If my Costco has them, all of them should.

Mark

Brenton

Screenwriter
Sweet. I wonder if they'll start selling them individually without the tin. I already have one and I only want two or three more.

Don

Second Unit
no Costco here but arent there supposed to be a total of 8 and not 7 by the way i'm in Wisconsin. no CostCo here. Don,

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I got my at a Costco in Springfield, Virginia. They had about ten copies on the shelf.

It is possible that since the tins were numbered that only the tins are limited, not the DVD's.

Wave 2 was supposed to have four releases, but at the last minute, The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh was withdrawn from the set. I have no idea why this occured.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Anyone know if this set coming to any other store other than costco? Mainly because there really isn't one around where I live.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Keep in mind that you can order these from Costco's online presence. If you don't have a Costco in your state, you don't get taxed on the purchase (yay!). However, there is a 5% charge for non-members (boo! ;)). Although I own the Wave 2 tins, I'm all over this since I missed out on Wave 1 and never felt like paying the absurd eBay prices. Then I can purchase the Wave 3 tins and be all caught up on things, with Wave 2 duplicates that my wallet is probably going to talk me into selling off :D. For me it works out like this:
Subtotal: $124.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.60
Non-Member Surcharge: $6.25
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $140.84

Does anyone else think that it's possible that, rather than these sets being re-pressings, that they are simply a repackaging of all of the sets with damaged tins that never sold/got returned/never even went out into the supply chain? If they were repressings, I'm sure we'd see these boxes everyhere by now, yet there's only a relative handful at Costco stores. I think it's highly possible that Disney (or whoever) realized that the "unsaleable" merchandise was actually very saleable once they ditched the damaged tin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks