What's new

Walt Disney on the Front Lines - comments? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Does anyone own "Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney on the Front Lines" ? I was wondering about the quality and content. I have not purchased any of the Treasures series yet and this would be my first being a WWII buff.

Eric

DavidKNML

Agent
Its an amazing set. Since your a WWII buff i'd say its a must own.

I'm a big Disney fan and own all of the treasures except Davy Crocket (sp?) though.

Read the Thread of the review here. I will tell you all you want to know.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Eric, you won't regret a purchase. There is a ton of choice stuff in there. It's one of the finest DVD sets that Disney has released.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question. I recently bought "On The Front Lines" along with the other Disney Treasures from this year's wave of Treasures titles.
Discs 1 & 2 of Chronological Donald, Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume 2, and TomorrowLand all play without any trouble in my Cyberhome 500.
Disc 1 of "On the Front Lines" (which I bought at Costco) plays right away after closing the disc tray.
But with disc 2, on each of several attempts, I could hear the player spinning the disc, but it took a long time (I didn't time it, but I would guesstimate roughly 10-15 seconds. And on one of the attempts, it was probably about a minute later that it was still spinning the disc and trying to read it).
The disc was flawless, but I went ahead and exchanged the set for another copy at Costco. Disc 2 of the replacement set played with less difficulty when I tested it several times. But with one of the times of testing how my player was reading it, it took maybe ~ 10 seconds before it started to play it.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
The Cyberhome 500 is probably around 2 years old now -- is this probably just a matter of how this disc was programmed, and that this is what is giving the player a little bit of a hard time ?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I had trouble playing the movie about "Flush Rivetting". (I don't remember what disc that was on.)

Also, the first disc of my Donald Duck set had a big scratch on the back of it and wouldn't play some of the cartoons. I sent this back to Disney and they replaced it with a working disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks