What's new

Walmart Makes a Bigger HD DVD Commitment (1 Viewer)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
After I stopped in at my local Best Buy to pick up my copy of the "Mission Impossible Collection," for a whopping $72.95, I wandered into Walmart to see what was currently available on their racks. Well, they were attaching the merchandise schematics to the racks and I saw roughly a dozen titles that were scheduled for placement today. And to my astonishment, they already had the "Mission Impossible Collection" available for just $59.96!! That blows away the price currently being offered by Amazon. Well, you know what happened to the copy I purchased at Best Buy. Walmart also had "The Break-Up" for $27.96, which is the cheapest retail price I have seen for that title. Unfortunately, I did not see "V for Vendetta" or "Excalibur" listed on the schematic. Considering there are currently over 80 titles available, this is a small representation, but still encouraging. Walmart tends to sell-through most titles and they rarely make a re-appearance unless they are discount-priced. So, checking with them first may be worthwhile. Titles listed or currently available:

Batman Begins
The Lake House
We Were Soldiers
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Sleepy Hollow
The Break-Up
Mission Impossible Collection
Aeon Flux
Four Brothers
Full Metal Jacket
The Corpse Bride

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm glad Wmart is selling HD-DVDs...they will be a big player in this even if just for consumers to see these for the first time. Product awareness is a very good thing.

My local Wal Marts haven't done this yet though...

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My Wal-Marts have been stocking more than 20 titles in both HD DVD and BD for some time now. What I'd really like to see them do is actually stock the players.

andy wells

Agent
My local wal-mart carries them, but has a HORRIBLE display with titles scattered everywhere, but mostly mixed in with blu-ray.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
My Wal-Mart has a spotty selection at best. It has actually dropped in number (both HD-DVD and Blu-ray) over the last few weeks - so my experience would be the opposite of the thread title. Even though it has the M:I trilogy, it has very few other titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks