What's new

Walmart Magnavox BR $98. (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I was in Walmart today (looking for more of those darned $5 cd/dvd's) and saw they had the Magnavox BluRay player for only $98. Of course, just as I noticed it some lady picked one up. There was another on the shelf but the box was a bit "taddy". Still, those on a budget got a good deal. I think it was this one but I can't say for sure.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Walmart is so strange. The price varies from store to store. I got the $98 price, but only at the third WM I visited. The first two wanted $128.

They have both the NB500MGX and the NB530MGX. Beats me what the difference is between the two. IIRC AVS had a thread and said the 500 was a later model than the 530. Both have identical descriptions on the box, and both are HDMI 1.3a.. Unlike the older Mag. I bought last year both have both optical and coax digital audio out.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I got the 530 in May at Wal-Mart for 78 dollars. It plays all the Blu-Rays I have so far(29 in all) with no problem. It did have a slight problem with lagging after layer change on some of my DVDs that I've played on it, which my regular DVD player hasn't had. Overall it's an ok player to me, though I'm not really one to judge.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's the one I received as a Christmas gift last year. It's played all discs fine. I have had an issue getting the output signal to be recognized by my projector via the HDMI/DVI cable. Once the disc has loaded, I have to press "Stop," then toggle the HDMI mode with the remote. The signal is then received.

Not quite sure if it's the player or something to do with the DVI connector cable, but it's a relatively minor inconvenience. The player itself has worked great (though kind of slow to load).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks