What's new

Walmart/K-Mart Halloween Horror Promotions (1 Viewer)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any idea what titles Walmart and K-Mart are planning to include in their Halloween/Horror promotions this Sept/Oct?

Last year, K-Mart had almost nothing but Anchor Bay titles (mainly the more popular titles like Hellraiser and The Evil Dead, but they also had most of the AB Double Features) while Walmart carried healthy doses of MGM, Columbia, Fox, and Universal (with only two Anchor Bay titles...CHUD and Hell Night).

Anyone hear of what will be included at each store this year? Anyone's Walmart or K-Mart already have their Halloween horror discs/displays out?

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I work for Wal mart and we dont have the displays in just yet ....if i do see something i'll try to find this tread and give you an update....I hope we get more Anchor bay titles than last time ....id love to find the SE of Evil Dead 2 on the cheap !!:D

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Thanks, John!

Went to K-Mart yesterday and they've completely cleared out the section that they devote to Halloween costumes/props/decorations. They already had a few decorations and assorted bits of make-up on the shelves, but it was still extremely bare yet. I'd say by tuesday, they'll have everything up.

What I picked up last year at each store: Walmart (The Omen, Phantasm, IT, The Brood), and K-Mart (Hellraiser, Elvira: Mistress of the Dark/Transylvania 6-5000 double feature).

What I'm hoping to see this year is definitely more Anchor Bay (hoping they get Cheerleader Camp) and the stuff from tuesday's Fox and Universal batches. Be nice if they had some older Paramount and MGM titles that I need to catch up on, also.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Usually they ship the display empty and the DVDs separate ..again once i see them come in , i'll let you know

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Where oh where is my Dr. Giggles and the Psycho sequels? Come on Universal, my P&S of Giggles isn't cutting it, and my OAR laserdisc is ok. The goodtimes Psycho sequels aren't really thrilling me either.

Thanks for the info, John.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped in at K-Mart yesterday. They had a cardboard display of cd's out but still no movies.
It still seems strange to me to have halloween stuff on one isle and christmas on the other and we're only halfway through september.
Hopefully they will have some movies out soon, still nothing at my Wal-Mart either.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped in at Wal-Mart today looking for Terror Train. I couldn't find it so i asked an employee if they were going to get it. They checked a list and couldn't find it.
Anyway, i also asked about the Halloween display and i was told it should be out the last tuesday of this month (Sept.28).
Guess we'll find out soon if they are right or wrong.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
My local K-Mart also has a section of children's Halloween books and sound effects CDs. Beside the sound effects CDs was a blank section with a taped piece of paper folded up. I lowered the paper down and the word "Movies" was hand-written by an employee. Looks like they're just waiting to put them out. Shouldn't be too much longer, now.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I was at K-Mart today, they've put out a few more items but still no movies :frowning:

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Was an hour out of town today and stopped by a Walmart while I was there. This Walmart actually had a section labled "Halloween" in their regular DVD section, as opposed to the large cardboard displays that usually accompany the Halloween/horror promotions.

The only four titles they were stocking in this "Halloween" section: Scream, Mimic, Blackbeard's Ghost, and Escape to Witch Mountain.

I'm really hoping they just didn't have all the titles stocked yet. Otherwise, we'll all be very disappointed this year when each of our own Walmarts put out their Halloween titles. :frowning:

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Well, here's what my Walmart has (no cardboard display this year, as they're in a section of the regular DVD shelves):

Halloween (Divimax)
976-Evil
Fright Night
House of Wax
An American Werewolf in London
Nightmare on Elm Street
Troll/Troll 2
Ghoulies/Ghoulies 2
Poltergeist 2/Poltergeist 3
Mimic
Scream
The Exorcist
Child's Play
Bride of Chucky
The Amityville Horror
Transylvania 6-5000
The Omen
Manhunter
Silence of the Lambs
The Langoliers
Children of the Corn (current, not SE)
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Wishmaster/Wishmaster 2 double feature disc
Demon Knight/Bordello of Blood Franchise Collection
Dracula Dead and Loving It
Ghost Stories (5 discs)
Scooby Doo Halloween
Spongebob Squarepants Halloween
Alvin and the Chipmunks Halloween
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Blackbeard's Ghost
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Addams Family

And K-Mart has out:

The Evil Dead
Army of Darkness
Cheerleader Camp
C.H.U.D. $6.99
Return to Horror High $6.99
Near Dark (single disc) $6.99
Dawn of the Dead (single disc)
Halloween
Elvira Mistress of the Dark/Translyvania 6-5000 Double Feature
Hell Night/Fade To Black Double Feature

How about Target? Borders? Any of these places have out their Halloween promotions yet? Post lists when you find out! :)

Joshua_W

Second Unit
The Wal-Mart DVDs are generally priced along with their normal pricing structure... a $14.95 MSRP DVD would be $9.44, etc.

The one exception would be Halloween Divimax which was $14.44, from a MSRP of around $30.00. (Unless AB has recenly lowered the MRSP.)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Went to Walmart today to check out the Halloween section and was kind of disappointed. I would have picked up Silence of the Lambs but all they had was the full frame edition :thumbsdown: So I didn't get that.

The only titles that interested me was the Demon Knight/Bordello of Blood Franchise Collection (Which I picked up) and the Halloween divimax edition (Which I'll probably get next week). Maybe also Dracula Dead and Loving It (Maybe, I forget if I actually liked this one or not). I'm kind of interested in The Omen, House of Wax, and Manhunter... However I don't feel like blind buying at the moment.

Seems like Kmart has more interesting titles in stock... Too bad I don't have one around here.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
It was disappointing for me too. I was hoping to find movies like Chopping Mall, The Funhouse, He Knows Your Alone, Terror Train but no such luck.
I was also disappointed to see the new Friday the 13th set priced at $63.48, after hearing from others who are getting it at other places for as much as $10 less.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
The price tag for my Walmart's Halloween Divimax was $19.97, but yesterday the price tag was gone. I'm thinking maybe they had the wrong price for it and are getting a new tag out soon, if you guys are claiming it's now $14.44. I may be enticed to pick it up for 15.

The cheapest of the bunch was probably Manhunter, which was $8 something.

Dracula Dead and Loving It also didn't have a price. Can someone tell me what their Walmart had it for? I'd like to pick it up, and am hoping its only $10 bucks.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
No price at my Wal-Mart on our Dracula Dead and Loving It either.I did see Halloween for $14.44 but didn't buy it because i already have the extended edition.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
What about Target, Best Buy, or CC for HALLOWEEN ??
Anything else more exciting than WM and KM ??

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Now that I think about it, my Walmart didn't have prices listed for Halloween or Dracula Dead and Loving It either. Hm.

Anyway, if I had known it was only 15, I would have totally picked up Halloween since I don't have it yet. I automatically thought it was at least 20. Next week, we'll see.

Disappointed to see their version of Children of the Corn isn't the new special edition. :thumbsdown: That's why I didn't buy that.

Also, I am VERY disappointed to see the Friday the 13th collection for 65. That's too expensive. Maybe if it was 50 or 55, but until then... No sale Walmart.

I need a decent store to buy my DVDs. :frowning: Stupid small town.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if I'll be able to find the 2-disc A.O.D. Boomstick Edition back in stock for the holiday season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks