What's new

Walmart DVDs And Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Most TV shows except for a few like Star Trek have always been disposable to me. I enjoy them at the time, but am not interested in ever seeing them again.
Classic movies on the other had especially those of the 1930s are another matter. I have a huge collection and in the DVD days I used to haunt stores like Walmart and Target for anything that fit in my time period. I think after

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Sorry! Hit the wrong button mid sentence!
I think after having TCM for a few years I have made my own DVDs of hundreds taped from their network.

When I first got "into" Blu Rays, I would roll a cart next to the dump bin at Walmart and strain through the $7.98 discs. They were great for replacing more recent movies I had purchased on DVDs already like "Grumpy old Men" say. Black Friday was great at Walmart. I would be in a line snaking through the store, but it would be worth it because at the end I would find bargains like all the Harry Potter movies for $2.50 each!
I agree that the selection has gotten smaller and smaller, especially the Blu Rays. Black Friday was pathetic last year, with basically crap after a long wait.
I was able to buy all the James Bond Blu Rays for next to nothing at Target however.

paul pisano

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
paul pisano
some wal-mart stores even have a $7.88 blu ray bin. i guess it depends on the store you are going to.

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
My local Wal-mart is one of those Super-centers and they have a large physical media section. There's at least 4 long shelves with DVDs and Blus, 3 end caps, a circular shelf with TV titles, 3 more smaller displays, 1 of which is in the main aisle. There are 2 dump bins, one for DVDs and for Blus. There's also a square display by the registers at the front of the store. That doesn't include the ones for music. They also carry discounted Blus and DVDs that can be very cheap. They recently put out Horror titles for Halloween. There are still some good deals to be found there. One thing I noticed is they carry far more DVDs than Blu-rays and I've only seen a couple of UHD titles.

That's how mine used to be. They had one single UHD title. Not even any spaces for any other...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks