Walmart.com Disappoints!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Johnson, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Just a heads up for anyone planning on using this service for anything.
    I ordered on the 9th of December, was promised a delivery for every item well BEFORE the 23rd. Which was fine. I planned on leaving on the 23rd . So today, the 14th I call them,order still in process??? The order hadn't been shipped and 2 items wouldnt be coming until the 24th. SO. I say ok, if items are due on the 24th, and havent been shipped, I asked them to ship the whole order to the location I will be at on the 24th. They said they couldnt do that once an order has been placed. Said the only way was to cancel the order & place a new one. Which now, they couldnt promise delivery by christmas. So I say "cancel my order" and she did, then they told me "well the items still may be shipped to MY RESIDENCE (where I wont be) & your account charged"
    I was FURIOUS, had them get their supervisor who wasn't any more helpful then the slackey answering the phones.
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you plan on ordering anything online from them.

Worst customer service EVER.

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I don't think "walmart" and "customer service" belong in the same phrase, ever. [​IMG]

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I heartily agree. Wally world sucks. [​IMG]

4. Brian Johnson

LOL: Your gonna love this.....
    Update: I looked at my email, and my wal-mart status page. Found that the items that were due AFTER the 24th were shipped today[​IMG] I called them, they verified yes, you cancelled, but we shipped them today, so I said,"fine I ll continue on with the order-ok to send the WHOLE order", they said, cant do it, items that were not shipped were cancelled [​IMG] will have to reorder and go through the "processing stage" again....... so I said "Fuqit" and had them ship the items to North Carolina to my mothers house, where I will be on the 24th. The GUARANTEED delivery before the 24th.
    So, even after all this crappy service, they still got my whole order.

5. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I usually try to have a little faith in the delivery of ordered items. Its often not a problem with processing the order and shipping the items, but just a problem with keeping the website accurate.

6. Brian Johnson

Another update.
    After I went home from work that day. I made the decision to cancel the new order I placed. I figure they screwed this much up already, why should they get my money and possibly screw up again.....
    So I ended up at a local Target store, who had the exact same items for less money. With the $15 dollars I saved I bought myself two DVD's [​IMG]
    So, the only money walmart made was the $17 barbie dragon that was already shipped and I know wouldnt be available locally.
    Lesson learned.