What's new

Walls in Next Gen games (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
One thing that always bothers me in games like Counter Strike and such is that walls can be shot through and nothing is seen about that. I would like a game where there are some walls that can be shoot through and it leaves holes which you can see through. I think this would add much more strategy to games and also just another sense of realism. I hope something like this is put in HL2. Anyone agree?
Thank you

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I agree completely. I can't wait till more FPS's have real destroyable environments. I am sooooo sick of games that have you running around looking for a key to a wooden door when you have a shotgun or rocket launcher in your inventory. Seems alot of game developers are focusing on the textures and people looking more real, and not taking into account the environment. I would much rather have a lower polygon count, and fully destroyable environments. This made Red Faction a great game instead of just another cookie cutter FPS. Unfortunately I think we have a long wait ahead of us. Till I can blow out a wall our and drive my warthog in, I won't be satisfied. ;)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
That is realism. Shooting thru walls is very possible. Some textures cannot be shot thru and some can. My friend once said that he read that it was researched about what has potential to be shot thru, truthful or not, an M4 can shoot thru a door or wall.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I don't think CS is a great example anyways since CS is so stogged full of cheaters these days that you can do just about anything short of unassisted flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks