What's new

Wall mounts for surround speakers (1 Viewer)

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitors that I'd like to mount on the side walls. I'm unfamiliar with mounting procedures...do you have to drill the speaker cabinet to wall mount? Are shelves better than actual mounts? And are the commercially available wall mount kits worth anything (and if they are, does anyone have any recommendations on any that would hold a pair of Mini monitors)?
Sorry for the long list of questions, but any help on the matter would be much appreciated.
Scott Stephens

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Scott,

First, welcome to the Forum!

For any type of wall-mounted that include non-factory brackets, yes, you will have to drill into the cabinet.
Are shelves better than actual mounts?
Depends on the shelves. If they are more than 6 ft. high, angling the speakers downward can be a challenge. Mounts are mor flexible, but also less aesthetically attractive.

Omnimount makes good wall-mounting devices. Don’t have a website, but it shouldn’t be hard to find. I think Radio Shack also sells some bracketry. You can also find some at most home theater stores.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Also, are you considering fishing the spkr wires into the wall and up to the attic and then back down to the equipment site?

It's a PROJECT, no doubt, but cud be a real custom job. Of course nothing is simple: you'd have to own your place, to start.

I've got my minis perched to the side until I hang 'em from ceiling mounts. What's hold me is trying to figure "future proof."

I mean, while I have the guy from from the stereo shop up in my attic, mebbe I also want to run up to 6 coax RG6 quad cables down the wall in case I pull the trigger for satellite...And I've got a new roof-eave mounted FM ant. that will have to be run down the wall to the rcvr as well. And oh yeah, what if I get a plasma video display: then I wud want the 110v power box in the middle of that wall behind the display....decisions, decisions.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Crutchfield sells wall mount, swivel speaker brackets that clamp to the sides of your bookshelf speakers. No drilling into the speaker box itself required.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks