What's new

Wall mounts for B&W 601's (1 Viewer)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a way to mount my B&W 601 surrounds on the wall. I am looking at moving soon and if it goes through I will have a dedicated HT that is 11'3" by 19'6"(man will my twin SVS 20-39's rock in this smmall room
biggrin.gif
). The width will limit my abilities to use the stands that I have now. It looks like it would be much better to get them up on the walls a bit. This will also allow them to be out of the way more. Any suggestions for wall mounts or other ideas is greatly appreciated.
------------------
My DVD's
[Edited last by Robert G on September 08, 2001 at 08:50 PM]

Go to Radio Shack and by some brakets that are flat wide metal with the ends bent over to form interlocking hooks. The pack comes with four brakets that have tabs on them that lock together so they won't slide apart. It cost me less than $10 I think, center one of them at the top of the speaker so the bent part is touching the lip on the back, basically as high as you can get it and still be concealed. Hang the mate on the wall and voila, you've got it. I'd drilled pilot holes in my speakers so the screws wouldn't displace too much material. At the top of the speaker there is nothing to hurt so you are ok mounting right to the back. I then put rubber bumpers on the back bottom corners to give a space for the wire to come up and to keep them from rattling.
Hope this helps.
------------------
Ken Winders

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. That might work. I would rather not put holes in the speaker cabinets but if needed I may.
------------------
My DVD's

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Hi Robert!
I have a pair of 601S2's and highly recommend B-Tech BT77 wall mounts from Crutchfield ($59.95 for the pair). They work very well with the 601's, and you don't have to drill into the speaker!
Good luck!
Pete

Shanthi

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Robert,
Dito to Pete, I brought B-Tech BT77 from a local store and works great from me too.
Good luck

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Pete and Shanthi. Those look perfect. If the deal goes through on my new house I will be picking up a pair of them.
------------------
My DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks