What's new

Wall Mounting Surround Speakers (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I have thr urge to move my Definitive BP2X's from my Bell'o stand to to the wall behind my couch. Does anyone have any tips concerning this? My Definitive's have a key-hole mounting location on the back, but what kind of anchor should I use to keep them somewhat tight againt the wall?

I was also thinking of buying some little rubber pads to put in between the speakers and the wall in an effort to keep them as tight as possible. Any ideas?

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
As long as you drill into a stud, a #10 or #12 screw will work fine. Otherwise, if you're hanging them on wall board, Home Depot has plastic and zinc anchors that screw into the wall board (kind of like big screws themselves) that make a very positive connection and can support up to 50 pounds. The kit comes with screws that screw into the anchors. They also carry the plastic bumpers that you can put on the back of the speakers.

Denward

Supporting Actor
Murphy's Law of HT: Your speaker placement preference will not coincide with the location of a wall stud.

Just go to Home Depot and tell them what you want to do and tell them how much your speaker weighs. I've had my B&W LM1's mounted on the wall for about a year with no problems. I used an assembly that's a screw with a metal (zinc?) threaded sleeve. You drill a hole and lightly hammer the assembly into the wall. Once you tighten the screw all the way into the wall, you keep turning the screw and the sleeve scrunches up like an accordian giving a very secure hold. Then you back out the screw a few turns, hang your speaker, and screw it back in. My speakers have 2 holes so I used two screws per speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks