Wall mounting Polk R10's without drilling into speaker?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Anderson, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

The more I tinker with my system, the more I realize that I've got a wierd reflection on one side of the room. Because I'm not allowed to move the china cabinet that is causing the problem (DAMN YOU WOMAN!), I was trying to figure out a way to toe that speaker in a bit. Unfortunately, stands are out of the question, so I currently have my Polk R10's wall-mounted using the keyhole slot, drywall anchors and stick-on rubber feet on the back of the speakers.
    I've been looking for some kind of adjustable bracket. Polk's website recommends the Omnimount 25 for the R10's, but it looks like you have to screw a bracket onto the speaker to use them and I'd really rather not do that. Does anyone know for sure if the Omnimounts require screwing the bracket onto a speaker that only has a keyhole slot, and if so, can anyone recommend another solution to my problem? The speakers are only about 8 lbs, so I don't need anything too extreme... just something to get them off the wall a little and let me aim them.

2. Jeremy Anderson

So there's an adapter bracket included for mounting to a keyhole slot? I couldn't find anything about that on Polk's site.

3. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

4. Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West Supporting Actor

I am currently designing and making wall mounts for the Polk R10 that should allow for a fairly large amount of movement to make aiming better they should be done on wednesday september 5th.if you want i can email you a picture of what they look like as soon as i am done. I work at a sheet metal company as a programmer so i can pump out another set of the ones i'm making if you like them (for free). I might be able to ship them to you for free also. Let me know, my email is [email protected]
    jay

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Stunt Coordinator

6. Chris Lana

Chris Lana Extra

7. Jeremy Anderson

I'm really leaning toward the B-tech 77... That looks like a very versatile mount, and won't require drilling into my speaker (which is great!). Thanks for the replies.