What's new

Wall mounting Klipsch Surround spkrs? (1 Viewer)

Chirag

Auditioning
Question about mounting a pair of Klipsch RS-3II surround speakers on the rear wall. These speakers are heavy (12 lbs each) and big, being horn speakers. Does anyone have recommendations for dependable speaker mounts that could sustain the weight with minimal structural changes (nails, clamps, etc.) to the rear wall? Where could I buy one? Or are there any other recommendations of placing the surround speakers? Any other section in this forum that I should post this question to? I checked out Radio Shack and the max they have is something that can only handle 10 lbs. I live in northern California - so if someone knows of a store in the bay area, please let me know.

Another point: the mounting slots on the back of the speakers are around 5.5 inches away. So the clamp has to have a 5.5 inch spacing to accomodate the speakers.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
CHirag, I mounted my RS-3II directly to the wall using those drywall screw mounts that screw directly into the wall (plastic piece), and then you can screw a normal screw in and out of the mount on the wall.
The speakers sit flush with the wall, and look nice.
This is another option.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
I mounted my RS-3II directly to the wall using those drywall screw mounts that screw directly into the wall (plastic piece), and then you can screw a normal screw in and out of the mount on the wall.
The speakers sit flush with the wall, and look nice.
I did the same thing and haven't had any problems.

Chirag

Auditioning
Hi Greg,

I was looking at your surround speaker setup and I think I am going to have something similar. I was particularly interested in the distance between the ceiling and the top of the RS-3 - looked like a couple of inches. I was reading the Klipsch speaker manual and they recommend 2-3 feet distance between ceiling and speaker. I was wondering, did you notice any difference with your setup?

Thanks,
Chirag.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
Chirag-

I was forced to mount my speakers at that height because there's a door in the way. I'm sure they'd perform better if they were a little lower but I'm satisfied anyway.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I put mine right on the wall too, I just made sure the screws were in the studs. You can see them at the link in my sig.

Chirag

Auditioning
Thanks a lot guys!

I followed your advice and did the same thing: mounted the speakers on the rear wall using #8 screws. It took me only about 10 minutes. All I am waiting for now is the surround speaker cables I ordered on eBay. Then I'll be all set!

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks