What's new

Wall mounting HC6 sats (1 Viewer)

Mike Baxter

Auditioning
I'm seriously thinking of getting the HC6 system but I have a question. Can the sats be wall-mounted? I read in one of the reviews that this might be an issue. Anybody have any experience with wall mounting these speakers?

And assuming they can be wall mounted without any ill effect on the sound, how far should they be from the wall? With the wall mount brackets I currently have, the back of the speaker would be about 3-4" from the wall. Is that enough?

thanks!

Javier_A

Auditioning
I just bought these speakers for someone else, and while I haven't mounted them on the wall, you should probably keep them a good distance from the wall because they are rear ported. They could definitely be wall mounted since they do have the standard threaded holes in the back of them, but just make sure your brackets leave enough room for these speakers to breath. As a reference, read the review at http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...earch_hc6.htm. I quote the relevant paragraph:

Good luck!

Mike Baxter

Auditioning
Thanks and yes I had read that article before. Good info but kind of vague on exactly how far the speakers need to be from the wall.

Anybody with any first-hand experience wall mounting the HC6's?

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I wall mounted them with Omni-sat 10 brackets, 1 for each surround and two for the center channel.
I didn't notice any degradation of the sound from them being mounted versus what I'd heard prior to mounting them. The rear ports are about 4 inches away from the wall with the speakers angled downward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks