What's new

Wall mountable Paradigm Mini Monitor speakers? (1 Viewer)

VijayD

Auditioning
Hi,

I have had the Paradigm Mini Monitor speakers for almost a year. I used to live an apartment when I got these and mounted them on the stands. I never thought if these Mini Monitors can be wall mountable. Now, I bought a house and had the HT pre-wiring done for the house. My concern is, can these be wall mountable?
If they can be wall mountable, can anyone suggest me or point me to the forum/thread on how to wall mount these?

If not, can anyone suggest me what are the options I have? Sell? I paid good $$ to get these and they work great also. Is there a painless way to sell or exchange these with wall mountable ones?

Please feel free to pitch in your suggestions.
Thanks in advance

chris_bester

Agent
I'd try putting up solid shelving for them/each speaker myself instead of getting new in wall monitors. It doesn't hurt to try it/something new right????

VinhT

Second Unit
Don't they have a port at the rear? If so, you might want to seriously consider selling them and going with the On-Wall Monitor Series instead.

Link

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The only problem with the OWs is they loose a considerable amount of bass response. You can use wall brakets, but they will then usually be too close to the wall (yes they are rear ported) which can make them sound muddy. You can remove some of that by plugging the ports. Shelves will do the same without giving you as much flexibility of positioning.

I say leave them on stands if you can.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I just bought a set of Sapphire SS surrounds and they are excellent and match my Paradigm front stage quite nice....infact I was amazed how good they sound together.

VijayD

Auditioning
Yes, I am afraid I will loose the bass response if I put them in the shelves. I may have to use wall brackets, but I am not sure if the brackets can hold the weight of the speaker.

Did anyone use the brackets to mount the speakers of similar weight? I already have stands, but the problem with them, infact it’s not the stands but the way the room/furniture setup they come in our way and we are afraid that they may fall.

Can I go back to the seller and exchange these with wall mountable ones of the same/similar brand? Is it worth it?
I am in a fix; don't know how to get these speakers onto the wall :frowning:

So, please don't hesitate and pitch in some more ideas...please!

I really appreciate all your honest opinion.

Thanks a lot,

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have a good dealer, and the speakers are less than a year old, they may allow you to trade them in. The only problem with that is, they usually want you to buy something more expensive than what you are trading in. They often do not take models that are not current - v4 is now out, so that may be a problem too. Call your dealer and see if they'll help you out.

Normal minis should not be too heavy to mount with brackets. Maybe look at Omnimount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks