What's new

Wall-E audio question (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I got my hands on Wall-E on BD. I could not find ANYTHING...ANYWHERE to select the DTS-HD audio. It defaulted to the Dolby Digital. I could not use the audio button...and it wasn't in the menu. My BD (the sony bdp 300 using analog 5.1 out) said 1/1 audio options. Meaning there was one track...the dolby digital track. Now, I know my player won't decode the full DTS-HD, but I know I will be getting a 1.5 mbps signal instead of Dolby's lower bitrate. What gives?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know quite what is going on with that disc either. I rented it and the audio options show DD 5.1 only; however, when I played the disc my receiver was showing the soundtrack as DTS ES. I was using a PS3 as the player.

I'm wondering if the DTS HD MA option is there, but due to some kind of authoring error it is not being displayed in the options menu.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I remember the audio selection being funky when I watched it a couple weeks ago. I looked and looked for the audio options and then just decided to play the movie and see what happened. Came up on my AVR as DTS-HD Master so I was good to go.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Weird. The copy I rented had only Dolby Digital as the option but it played in DTS.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I believe my copy said English 5.1 and gave no indication as to what the true soundtrack was. As I send the info to my receiver as pcm, I have no way of identifying what the audio type is.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wonder if these audio questions about Wall-E have any bearing on my comments which I posted in this other thread.

I, too, was curious about the lack of audio choices as I went into set-up to make sure I was playing the DTS HD MA track.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
On the back of my cardboard cover and Blu-ray disc case feature insert, it reads:

FEATURE: Audio = ........... English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio**

DISC 1 BONUS: Audio = .... English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital

DISC 2 BONUS: Audio = .... English, French, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital

**NOTE: The Feature is mis-labelled according to the Reviewed by Peter M. Bracke ...

Gotta' admit, ... the DTS-HD Lossless Master 6.1 Audio track does sound, ... GLORIOUS!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hickskeith007
Recent bookmarks