What's new

Wall/Ceiling Mounts for HEAVY speakers (1 Viewer)

Tupalev

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I'm in need of hanging a rather heavy center channel for the home theater (45 lbs - Paradigm CC590) in either a wall or ceiling mounted solution. Can anyone recommend a ceiling or wall mount for speakers of this size? I'm currently looking at omnimount's 60.0 CA - anyone have success with these or any other brands? Thanks in advance.

MotoGeek

Grip
Real Name
James Hutchins
I'm in a similar situation. I'm glad you posted those omnimount because those look like they might do the trick if I decide to ceiling mount. If I wall mount, I was actually considering this $8 LCD mount from monoprice:
For only $6.30 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD (Max 66Lbs, VESA 50/75/100/200x200MM) | LCD Bracket
They have an even smaller one for about $3 that's rated to 66 lbs also.

I have no idea if a sheet metal mount would degrade the sound though. Is it important the speakers stand out from the wall? I also considered making a simple french cleat out of some scrap wood I have, but I'm nut sure if it's better to have the speakers mounted off the wall a bit instead of right against it.

MikeMorel

Auditioning
I picked these up for hanging my Paradigm Studio 20s from the rear walls, but I suspect they could be used for the CC as well.

I can't post links yet...

axiomaudio.com/fullmetalbracket.html

They can hold up a tank, can ceiling mount as well, can rotate/tilt to almost any position, and look good (i.e. almost invisible) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks